personally i hate having to download youtube videos and than put them on to my blackberry.. i like to just stream them but the quality sucks! i know that there is vision for youtube and it does improve the quality but it doesnt compare to downloading them and putting them on your blackberry. I know that Youtube(google) and Apple are buddies...but when will blackberrys get the same quality on youtube as other phones?
    07-24-09 01:46 AM
    personally i hate having to download youtube videos and than put them on to my blackberry.. i like to just stream them but the quality sucks! i know that there is vision for youtube and it does improve the quality but it doesnt compare to downloading them and putting them on your blackberry. I know that Youtube(google) and Apple are buddies...but when will blackberrys get the same quality on youtube as other phones?
    I hate the small screen they give you when streaming.

How do you download them otherwise? I haven't been able to do so on my 8330.
    07-24-09 01:49 AM
    I heard that the STORM 2 will be on point when it comes to youtube. I'm not quite sure if its the STORM 2 as a device or because of its 5.0 OS. I'm gonna try it with my ONYX and let you know.
    07-24-09 01:50 AM
    i download them using a google chrome bookmarklet and okay
    07-24-09 01:53 AM
    07-24-09 02:06 AM
    Here, I will give you an option. This site is a search engine that will find almost any video that is available on YouTube or many other places and convert it to the 3gp format BlackBerry can play. When the video is ready, you can play or save it as you wish.

When you Save the video, you will have the option in Menu to play it full screen. The resolution won't be as high, but many videos are watchable this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-24-09 at 02:56 AM.
    07-24-09 02:52 AM
    ive used that and the quality isnt that great either =/
    07-24-09 02:54 AM
    Unfortunately, due to the limitations on the processor for the 8300 series Curves, you're not going to get the highest quality video streaming. There is just not enough processing power to make it be the best video player.

Those days will come to an end as the processors get more power.

Remember, these weren't designed with all the whirly-gig bells and whistles. Evolution is a process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:07 AM
    im using the 9530 storm..id hope the processor would be a little bit better than the 8300 series
    07-24-09 03:22 AM
    As video files,there must be some difference compare to the text files.But you can get more joy from Youtobe
    07-24-09 03:58 AM
    youtube s good on PCs and only satisfactory on BBM..
    07-24-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD