Will you? Especially if your friends have android? How will the messages be secure?
    Hearing too much on how android is a nightmare for virus and malware on every post about Android.

So now...are you going to ignore sending BBM messages to your friends on android?

Curious.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:19 PM
    If I have a message that is so sensitive that i'm worried about the msgs getting out of an android phone from bbm, I probably wouldnt be sending them over an electronic means at all. I'm not so worried about it. I'm sure their client on the other platforms will be rock solid.
    05-15-13 04:25 PM
    Will you? Especially if your friends have android? How will the messages be secure?
    Hearing too much on how android is a nightmare for virus and malware on every post about Android.

So now...are you going to ignore sending BBM messages to your friends on android?

Curious.

Posted via CB10
    The operating system doesn't matter, the messages go through BlackBerry's secure servers.
    05-15-13 04:26 PM
    If I have a message that is so sensitive that i'm worried about the msgs getting out of an android phone from bbm, I probably wouldnt be sending them over an electronic means at all. I'm not so worried about it. I'm sure their client on the other platforms will be rock solid.
    Well reading these forums it does seem people care about the security.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:26 PM
    I think a lot of people have no idea where any of the platforms are and aren't secure.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-15-13 04:33 PM
    The operating system doesn't matter, the messages go through BlackBerry's secure servers.
    I'm pretty sure the os does matter

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:36 PM
    It matters when the device password is cracked and someone opens the BBM app.

Rogue apps getting access to system files = game over.

The reason why BBM is so secure is because it is secure messaging through a secure server on a secure device. The server only helps so much when the device itself is a joke to crack.

But the same can be said about BB users using no password on their device, or one that is really easy/obvious.
    05-15-13 04:36 PM