View Poll Results: Will you be buying a BB10 device?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, on launch day

51 24.29%
  • yes, on launch week

52 24.76%
  • yes, after a little while

34 16.19%
  • yes, once my contract expires

25 11.90%
  • maybe, once I check it out

31 14.76%
  • maybe, if I'm able to

3 1.43%
  • maybe (other)

4 1.90%
  • no (explain why)

10 4.76%
    RIM is currently expected to have zero subscriber growth. I assume that's because many subscribers are waiting and will buy a BB10 device.
    09-24-12 03:53 PM
    Is the 1000th thread on this or the 1001st.

Just kidding and yes I'll be buying.
    09-24-12 04:05 PM

Only about the 600th by my count, but I didn't really start counting until August...

My answer, as it has always been, is maybe. Depends if the phone is worth it for me or not. I won't be buying it the first day though, I can guarantee that.
    09-24-12 04:12 PM
    OP good job on the vote choices, should cover everything.
    09-24-12 04:14 PM

Say what u feel.....u were being serious lol

I would argue that I don't really know if people are necessarily holding out for BB10. Many of he few BB users I personally know had no idea what BB10 was until I told them it was coming. A few want the iP5 but being in a contract is what keeps them from doing so.

But to answer the question....as long as I continue to like what I see and RIM can provide me with a truly competitive device to what's out there now, then yeah I'm definitely getting one
    09-24-12 04:15 PM
    Say what u feel.....u were being serious lol

I would argue that I don't really know if people are necessarily holding out for BB10. Many of he few BB users I personally know had no idea what BB10 was until I told them it was coming. A few want the iP5 but being in a contract is what keeps them from doing so.

But to answer the question....as long as I continue to like what I see and RIM can provide me with a truly competitive device to what's out there now, then yeah I'm definitely getting one
    That's the purpose of this thread, to see what percentage of users are simply waiting for BB10. So far 54% will be buying in the first week.

Though obviously I skipped the "Didn't know about BB10" option.
    09-24-12 04:56 PM
    That's the purpose of this thread, to see what percentage of users are simply waiting for BB10. So far 54% will be buying in the first week.

Though obviously I skipped the "Didn't know about BB10" option.
    if they are on this site voting then that option cant apply. They have to know about it really. If this was a non blackberry site then it would be a legit option.
    09-24-12 05:00 PM
    I will be buying the full touch BB10 phone. Not sure if I will buy it immediately or when my contract ends (August) since RIM said that they will be releasing more top of the line phones later in the year.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 07:06 PM
    I will be there on launch day, when they open just like i was for the 9930.
    09-24-12 07:13 PM
    I'll have to see how BB10 feels first, but I do plan on buying one assuming it meets my expectations.
    09-24-12 07:33 PM
    Skype and Google Apps are all I ask for. If they can manage that much, then it's yes x1000. Otherwise, I may need to buy an unlocked Nexus on the side
    09-24-12 07:58 PM
    Okay I voted no but that's because I won't be buying one...I'll be giving one by my work
    09-24-12 09:55 PM
    I intend to purchase the direct successor to the Bold after its had some shelf time to allow some reviews and software updates. I assume this will be the "Nevada." Either way, I want the flagship device, no exceptions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    09-24-12 10:11 PM
    I think tomorrow will simply reinforce the resounding "yes" I'm answering the OP's question with. I will be there on launch day, ready to purchase an L-Series device at full price. I can't wait!
    09-24-12 10:20 PM
    I left BlackBerry and now have an Android based phone. I couldn't wait any longer. But I'm waiting for the new BB10 phones, if they impress me enough, I would consider leaving my Galaxy S III and coming back. It would really have to be up to par or better for me to leave though. For now I'll continue to observe and wish all the best for RIM.
    yvklondon likes this.
    09-24-12 10:41 PM
    I definitely plan to purchase the BB10 Bold on launch day, but I have no intention of selling my 9930. The basic BB functionality of the 9930 is wonderful!
    09-24-12 10:54 PM
    I will give the seed device I'll get the run around and if it passes muster - then YES.....
    ...I'm expecting RIM will have fixed the things that were broken on OS7.
    ...& left the things not broken ALONE.

What I want to find on BBX
    1. Password Keeper
    2. Ability to rename pictures taken on the fly
    3. same old great calendar!

Expect the following broke things to be GONE
    1. Truncated Email
    2. inibility to email video
    3. no auto focus camera ( can't take functional close up pictures )
    4. Skype
    5. massive quality app gap

Blackberry was my first smartphone and I've got a soft spot for RIM to be sure....
    ...Let's hope that they REALLY deliver this time!
    09-24-12 11:12 PM
    grunt0300, you didn't say why you voted no
    09-25-12 08:10 PM
    I don't like buying anything new without trying it first. So after trying and liking.

I do like what I'm seeing though!
    09-25-12 08:16 PM
    Maybe! I use Android now, but I'm not really wedded to the platform. If BB10 offers impeccable fundamentals (the unified messaging, and multitasking are a good start) along with superior battery life, a competitive camera, a minimum level of app support (I need WhatsApp, HeyTell, and excellent maps), and the same build quality we saw with the playbook, I could definitely be swayed. I'm waiting for the QWERTY model in particular.
    09-25-12 08:54 PM
    On launch day for sure. Well, my contract is up this Oct. Also, BB has been my smartphone of choice from the get go.

Cheers
    09-25-12 08:56 PM
    Hi, new here. will be buying a bb10. Have a couple of bb questions, don't want to jack this thread though.
    09-25-12 09:06 PM
    For me, a physical keyboard is a priority. I'm waiting for that version of BB10.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    09-25-12 09:47 PM
    I don't like buying anything new without trying it first. So after trying and liking.

I do like what I'm seeing though!
    I think that with the way BB10 works (with the gesture-based UI), this will be the case for a lot of people, even BlackBerry faithful. It's definitely the type of system you have to try and see if you could actually use it on a day-to-day, minute-to-minute basis.

I think tomorrow will simply reinforce the resounding "yes" I'm answering the OP's question with. I will be there on launch day, ready to purchase an L-Series device at full price. I can't wait!
    Like I said, today almost made me cry. It wasn't because I was sad, however, it was because I have to wait until at least January to get a BB10 device. Today, my convictions on BB10 were further solidified and I'm more convinced and determined than ever to get one on release day.

I'm so excited for the future of BlackBerry 10, for the future of RIM!
    09-25-12 10:01 PM
    I have had some kind of BlackBerry device for the last five years, and with the constant delays, the lack luster customer service, many broken promises, lack of third party support (accessories and apps), ect. ect. ect......my enthusiasm concerning RIM has greatly deteriorated. I'm not sure if I'm buying the BB10 at the moment, I think I'm going to let my 9930 run its course and then some, while keeping an eye on the BB10 (with keypad). If its as good as "slightly" advertised, then I will take more of a serious look.
    09-25-12 10:04 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD