I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with At&t in the U.S and I am going to India for a few months. I clearly cant do without my BB and I am getting it unlocked in India so I can use it with the local carrier i.e. Vodafone. So my question is

1) Will my phone work with At&t when I go back?
    I have a contract with them and they refused to give me the unlock code when I asked them before leaving for India ?

2) Say if the phone works again back in the U.S will the 3G and data services work as well ?

Please help .
    02-28-11 06:33 AM
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with At&t in the U.S and I am going to India for a few months. I clearly cant do without my BB and I am getting it unlocked in India so I can use it with the local carrier i.e. Vodafone. So my question is

1) Will my phone work with At&t when I go back?
    I have a contract with them and they refused to give me the unlock code when I asked them before leaving for India ?

2) Say if the phone works again back in the U.S will the 3G and data services work as well ?

Please help .
    1). Yes it will. Unlocking ONLY removes the single carrier SIM card lock. This allows you to put any carrier's SIM card into the phone and have it recognoised as valid. When you put the AT&T card back into the phone it will work just fine.

2). Your 3G and data services will work just fine when you are back in the US and on AT&T.

You may wish to look at the Unlocking forum here on CrackBerry since there are daily free unlocking offers available.
    monil2912 likes this.
    02-28-11 06:48 AM
    Everything will work accordingly if you unlock it... In India, you can buy a prepaid package that includes BIS for bbm and email..
    02-28-11 09:39 AM
    Hi monil2912

I want to know did 3G work in india on your AT&T Blackberry phone.

Please let me know. I have Blackberry 9900 bold and Iw ill travel to india and I want to know will 3G service work in India on my balckberry

Thanks
    06-01-13 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD