I have switched, but from iPhone to Android and now to BB

I think Android is better than iPhone that is icon centered, but it has the problem with hardware fragmentation. Anyway both platform are very good for multimedia but not as a phone or email communicator.

I find BB very productive as everything is fast an smooth.

Also I thinks this idea to have bigger and bigger screens are nonsense. Not long time ago the objective was to have smaller phones and now this is going in the opposite direction. What is the point of having a 4.3" screen phone when now there are also tablets...
    10-13-10 10:22 AM
    I'm saving my upgrade for the Verizon iPhone. If that falls through I'll get the Bold or next flagship device on verizon.
    10-13-10 10:48 AM
    The Torch is a much better device than the E71x. By a mile
    Really? I have had my eyes on the Torch since it was announced, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Been hearing some bad things about it, but when I had a chance to play around with it in the store, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I will get myself an early Christmas present this year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 09:13 PM
    This 9650 will be my last blackberry. I need a phone that's more suited for web browsing and other multimedia functions and full integration with my car system. Not just the handsfree bluetooth. I could have full integration with the iphone and Pandora but no dice with Blackberry I need a smartphone that allows me to get full use of my data plan. The BB Bold is great in areas that aren't a top priority for me such as BBM and push email. Although I will say BBM a great way to reach my kids since they swear by the blackberry so there is some use for me there. But not enough for me to stick with BB long term. I'm hoping Verizon gets the iPhone by the time I can unload my 9650 because I'm not going to AT&T because their coverage sucks.
    Last edited by zwoof; 10-14-10 at 09:36 PM.
    10-14-10 09:30 PM
    Yes. Well, yes in that I made the switch in September because I wasn't impressed with the idea of upgrading from Tour to Bold and keeping 95% of the same hardware.

I am not married to any OS, brand, or form factor, and I have no problem believing I may be back to BB someday. I will continue to evaluate what is available vs what my current set of needs happen to be.
    Pretty much this.

I already left a about 7 months ago. The couple of days I spent with a Torch were nice to start, but the frustration with OS set in again really quickly. It's been a long time since I have been so thoroughly happy with a phone even after the first couple of months as I am loving my Vibrant - and it is more than easy to message on (as easy as any BB I ever had). So at this point RIM would need to do a huge step up and also guarantee that their proprietary everything-through-their-server-first system doesn't fail or slow down as badly as it was doing before I left. Only if they fix that would I come back. I waited and waited for RIM to bring out something new, and all we got was 30 releases of the Curve with a new model number, or a Bold with a new model number...and that was about it. I was still reading about battery pulls being required. And I wasn't willing to have to do that anymore with a $500+ piece of hardware.

EDIT

I think Android is better than iPhone that is icon centered, but it has the problem with hardware fragmentation. Anyway both platform are very good for multimedia but not as a phone or email communicator.
    I 100% disagree. I am getting my email as fast if not faster than I ever had on my BB. I did my wedding planning including editting of contracts on Android. No truncating! And several people have commented the call quality if better than on any of my Berries. This kind of blanket statement is full of misinformation, and should be presented as your OPINION, particularly that last sentence which, frankly, is the opposite of my last several months using Android for phone and email, as well as media. I don't know which phone you had or version of Android, but in my experience Android is more than capable of handling phone and email and quite efficiently.

And no - my phone isn't rooted in any way to modify how it handles these functions. I run stock Android 2.1 with Samsung Touchwiz 3. No mod whatsoever.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-15-10 at 07:06 AM.
    10-15-10 06:55 AM
    I'm pretty much sticking with the BB for my next phone. I've been using this Pearl 8100 for 4 years now (a good 2 years past the original contract). It still works so I never saw a reason to change until the new Pearl 3G came around. I hope to get it next week when AT&T finally releases it to us regular customers.

10-15-10 08:59 AM
    Really? I have had my eyes on the Torch since it was announced, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Been hearing some bad things about it, but when I had a chance to play around with it in the store, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I will get myself an early Christmas present this year.

The BAD things you hear about it are often from NON blackberry fans, if you come to the Torch from say a 2.1 Android or iPhone 3GS you will be disappointed with the lack of apps and web browser

IF you come to the Torch from a Blackberry, you will be excited by the familiarity, though some major improvements in function and information getting, the browser is leaps and bounds ahead of the old BB's and is trailing Android and iOS by far less, it still isn't there, but I have yet to go to a site on my torch and be upset with it's performance.
    10-15-10 10:12 AM
    I gave up on BB about one year ago, due to the Storm1.

Tried android for that year, but now I'm back to BB. Glad to be back.

Android has a lot going for it, but it's not for me.
    10-15-10 10:49 AM
    Staying with Blackberry.
    10-15-10 10:56 AM
    I'm saving my upgrade for the Verizon iPhone. If that falls through I'll get the Bold or next flagship device on verizon.
    So how do you like being jerked around 6 times a day by media reports that the phone is/isn't/is/isn't... going to come to Verizon?
    10-15-10 12:23 PM
    Switching from my 9700. Probably tomorrow, in fact.

10-15-10 10:32 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    no plans to leave BB .. still the best for me ! .....
    03-22-13 09:58 AM
    no plans to leave BB .. still the best for me ! .....
    You decided to revive a thread that has been dead for over two years, just cause you wanted to share THAT banality?!?

Why on gods green earth, why?!?

What... You dabble in necromancy on the side, or what?
    03-22-13 10:09 AM
    nope. Still have my 9930 and (im)patiently waiting for my upgrade to get o Z10
    03-22-13 10:14 AM
    I am just wondering how the rest of you feel about it. I paid full price for my bold 9700 about a month ago.
    LOL, I was wondering who TF just bought a brand new 9700 for full price.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    03-22-13 01:54 PM
    You decided to revive a thread that has been dead for over two years, just cause you wanted to share THAT banality?!?

Why on gods green earth, why?!?

What... You dabble in necromancy on the side, or what?
    This is a very retrospective thread, as in 2010 people were saying app and the 'new' BBOS 6! Fast forward to 2013, and it's still apps and the 'new' BlackBerry 10 (with some already looking to BalckBerry 10.1)... It does seem like not much has changed for still 'waiting' for the latest and greatest from BlackBerry.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-22-13 02:09 PM
    This is a very retrospective thread, as in 2010 people were saying app and the 'new' BBOS 6! Fast forward to 2013, and it's still apps and the 'new' BlackBerry 10 (with some already looking to BalckBerry 10.1)... It does seem like not much has changed for still 'waiting' for the latest and greatest from BlackBerry.
    Funny, but true. Nothing has changed.

Sent by portable transceiver on 1800MHz
    03-23-13 10:13 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD