I hear ya, but you learn. And when you completely learn, you can't go back.
    I completely learned (Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5, Z30). And I gladly went back.
    08-19-14 08:08 PM
    Iphone for 1 year, went back to blackberry, droid incredible for a couple months, went back to blackberry, iphone again for another 8 or 9 months, went back to blackberry, ( had to switch carriers, Q10 not in stock) got the Note 3 for 7 months, now I'm back on blackberry. So no. Not everyone can deal with the problems of a full touch screen. I much rather have my keyboard. I can type fine on a full touch. Swype makes it even easier, but I will never have the connection that I do with a keyboard, especially when writing, or sharing thoughts in forums etc...

Posted via Q10RR
    08-19-14 10:50 PM
    Yah, you'll learn how to get keyboard shortcuts, one button homescreen speed dialing, and all of those things with the virtual keyboard... Oh wait...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-19-14 11:01 PM
    If you say so, must be something in the water here because out of all of my friends using all-touch devices, I type either faster, or almost as fast as any of them and I almost never have typos while their messages are always full of them... But I guess I don't know anyone who makes up the "majority" of the people...

I think that you greatly misunderstood what I said and of what group you are part of.

You should know enough people who make up the majority.
    Those are the ones using a touchscreen and who are faster with it than they are with a physical keyboard.

The one who falls out of the norm isn't a lady or gentlemen you know.
    That certain someone is you.
    You being able to type faster on a keyboard device, means that you are the one who isn't part of the majority.

It's not the other way round, like you said in your reply.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:45 AM
    I think that you greatly misunderstood what I said and of what group you are part of.

You should know enough people who make up the majority.
    Those are the ones using a touchscreen and who are faster with it than they are with a physical keyboard.

The one who falls out of the norm isn't a lady or gentlemen you know.
    That certain someone is you.
    You being able to type faster on a keyboard device, means that you are the one who isn't part of the majority.

It's not the other way round, like you said in your reply.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I already know I'm in the minority. Trust me, being part of the majority is not something I strive for or care about. But these people I know, some of them had BB's before and the typos didn't start until they switched to all-touch. So they must also belong to this minority...

Don't worry, I don't get my self worth or self esteem from feeling like I'm part of the collective. I leave that up to others...

Coraya likes this.
    08-25-14 04:58 PM
    Oh, I already know I'm in the minority. Trust me, being part of the majority is not something I strive for or care about. But these people I know, some of them had BB's before and the typos didn't start until they switched to all-touch. So they must also belong to this minority...

Don't worry, I don't get my self worth or self esteem from feeling like I'm part of the collective. I leave that up to others...

Since this seems to have evolved to a pseudo philosophical question about the mainstream, I'll give you a hint:

The non-conformists, always needed the mainstream more, than the mainstream needed them.

Without the mainstream, you would have nothing to rebel against. You wouldn't even know, against what collective you are fighting.
    Therefore, you might want to start to embrace the mainstream more. Because this is the leading force behind your opposition.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-26-14 at 07:35 AM.
    08-26-14 01:26 AM
    I didn't start this thread to get into any philosophy at all, it was just a question and through 80 replies it turned into something completely different. I didn't ask:

In your opinion explain the philosophical reasoning behind the movement of the masses versus the fortitude of single individuals who vote to rebel against them. Embrace the culture of the people in your reasoning and further explain why full touchscreen devices are dominantly used in our mainstream society today. Thank you.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-26-14 07:00 AM
    There has already been a touchscreen takeover. 98% of smartphones I see people around me use are full touch. Even 70% would be called a takeover. There are some people still using dumbphones, and that is still a market to be targeted.
    08-26-14 09:47 AM
    There has already been a touchscreen takeover. 98% of smartphones I see people around me use are full touch. Even 70% would be called a takeover. There are some people still using dumbphones, and that is still a market to be targeted.
    99% of devices sold last year weren't BlackBerries with BBOS.
    From the remaining one percent, not all were keyboard devices.
    So yeah, the takeover has indeed already happened.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:12 AM
    Since this seems to have evolved to a pseudo philosophical question about the mainstream, I'll give you a hint:

The non-conformists, always needed the mainstream more, than the mainstream needed them.

Without the mainstream, you would have nothing to rebel against. You wouldn't even know, against what collective you are fighting.
    Therefore, you might want to start to embrace the mainstream more. Because this is the leading force behind your opposition.

Posted via CB10
    WOW. Hey man, no offense, but you really seem very lost. You are not understanding my point at all... Whether something is "mainstream" or not has NO EFFECT on my buying decision... Not buying something because it's mainstream is just as sad as buying something because it is. I was using a qwerty BB back when qwerty BB's were the top selling smartphones. I don't like Starbucks which is mainstream, but go to McDonalds, which is also mainstream. I drive a Ford when imports are cool, but last year Ford was the best selling brand... I do what *I* like, regardless of how popular it is. I don't jump on bandwagons, or strive to be part of the majority, nor do I strive to NOT be part of it. I know it must be a hard concept for you to swallow that I'm an individual with individual tastes that does not depend on anyone else, but guess what, I do exist and I'm sure there might be others like me...

LMAO, this conversation is quite entertaining. I wonder what other label I will get now...

08-26-14 05:11 PM
    I didn't start this thread to get into any philosophy at all, it was just a question and through 80 replies it turned into something completely different. I didn't ask:

In your opinion explain the philosophical reasoning behind the movement of the masses versus the fortitude of single individuals who vote to rebel against them. Embrace the culture of the people in your reasoning and further explain why full touchscreen devices are dominantly used in our mainstream society today. Thank you.

Posted via Q10RR
    It's the culture today to want to belong. Whenever there is a craze, all of the collective masses need to jump on board. Why do you think when some people see me on my BB they ask "Are you still using a BlackBerry?" Logically speaking that statement doesn't make sense especially coming from some people who are using phones older than my BB. What they subconsciously mean is "Why haven't you jumped on the bandwagon like the rest of us?"

08-26-14 05:13 PM
86 ... 234