i really dont like the touch screen, would rather just have a great device with keyboard (similar to 9650)

i know the first version will be all touch, but will the qwerty versions coming out next year be like the 9930 or like the Bold 9650?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 07:43 PM
    I don't think there will be any devices that do not have a touch screen of some kind.
    05-10-12 07:45 PM
    Yes there will be non touch screen phones, they're called OS7!!!

Seriously tho, maybe?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-12 07:55 PM
    Yes there will be non touch screen phones, they're called OS7!!!

Seriously tho, maybe?
    The curves I guess.
    05-10-12 07:58 PM
    No there won't be...just look at the way they're designing the user interface...it's meant to be touched, they're not going back to the trackpad, not even for the curves.
    05-10-12 08:19 PM
    Just because a device has a touchscreen doesn't mean you are forced to use it.

RIM has already noted many times there will be keyboard devices.

The touchscreen itself existing on all devices is a non-issue. My 9900 has a touchscreen, though I barely ever use it.
    Superfly_FR and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-10-12 08:21 PM

The touchscreen itself existing on all devices is a non-issue. My 9900 has a touchscreen, though I barely ever use it.
    I barely intentionally use the touchscreen on my 9930 too...but I often inadvertently launch stuff when I grab it, or accidentally unlock it. I would really like a disable function.
    05-10-12 08:28 PM
    RIM stated 2013 there will be a BB10 device with a physical keyboard. I'll wait patiently with my 9930 till then!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-12 09:15 PM
    I think the swipe features would work well on a keyboard device, because you could swipe with your thumb while you hold it. One hand typing/swiping! Easy peazy.
    05-10-12 09:18 PM
    Funny JW, the sound of one thumb swiping! sounds like a kung fu movie. Haha!
    05-10-12 10:16 PM
    The RIM already officially said that there will be a BB 10 in Bold form factor with a physical keyboard.

If RIM don't release a physical keyboard version it will be bad for RIM because there are many customers like myself who will only go for a phone with a physical keyboard.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    Spencerdl and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-10-12 10:41 PM
    RIM stated 2013 there will be a BB10 device with a physical keyboard. I'll wait patiently with my 9930 till then!
    ^^^^^ What he said.....DITTO
    05-10-12 10:45 PM
    I think RIM if they do not make a full touch will make a 9900 type phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    05-11-12 01:52 AM
    Even if there was one on a keyboard device, doesn't necessarily mean that you are forced to use it.

So don't nag

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    05-11-12 05:04 AM
    No there won't be...just look at the way they're designing the user interface...it's meant to be touched, they're not going back to the trackpad, not even for the curves.
    you sir apparently dont pay much attention to crackberry, RIM isnt gonna get rid of the keyboard, thats one feature of bb`s that EVERYONE(i think everyone likes) likes. plus if they were getting rid of the keyboard why would they be getting keyboard patents? BB10 will be released on touchscreen phones and phones with qwerty. I believe all future blackberrys that have a keyboard will also be touchscreen.
    05-11-12 05:09 AM
    you sir apparently dont pay much attention to crackberry, RIM isnt gonna get rid of the keyboard, thats one feature of bb`s that EVERYONE(i think everyone likes) likes. plus if they were getting rid of the keyboard why would they be getting keyboard patents? BB10 will be released on touchscreen phones and phones with qwerty. I believe all future blackberrys that have a keyboard will also be touchscreen.
    RIM is the one of the only manufacturers making phones with qwerty keyboards. It hasn't been a profitable differentiator for them so far.

Will the next Playbook have a keyboard? If not, it's kind of hard to tell the story that keyboards are an essential piece.
    05-11-12 09:54 AM

That's sacrilegious. I should report you. Oh wait ... I just did.
    05-11-12 10:05 AM
    RIM is the one of the only manufacturers making phones with qwerty keyboards. It hasn't been a profitable differentiator for them so far.

Will the next Playbook have a keyboard? If not, it's kind of hard to tell the story that keyboards are an essential piece.
    but the question is if the next phones will have a keyboard not whether the playbook will have a keyboard, the playbook will always remain keyboard less. RIM`s keyboard i think played a huge part in the company, now obviously people want full touchscreen but out of the phones that have keyboards i think RIM`s keyboards are better than any other phone out there. i think the reason its important to RIM is because the people that have blackberrys already love the keyboard. i for one love using the keyboard on my phone but i am excited to see how bb10 will be since the first phone is gonna be touchscreen with no keyboard and its RIM`s next big thing (hopefully)
    05-13-12 06:48 AM
    If you don't like touch screen phones you are going to need a time machine to buy one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 06:58 AM

So RIM hasn't been profitable with almost all of their offerings having a keyboard? The Playbook can't use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse? RIM didn't just release their own BT Keyboard with touchpad for the Playbook? Just because something doesn't have a keyboard built in doesn't imply that wouldn't like you to use a physical one with it.
    05-14-12 09:56 AM
    A built in physical keyboard on a much lager device than a phone would make the device too big and clunky or make the screen smaller. I don't mind typing on my PB I do however have trouble on my smaller screen phone.
    05-14-12 10:03 AM
    but the question is if the next phones will have a keyboard not whether the playbook will have a keyboard, the playbook will always remain keyboard less. RIM`s keyboard i think played a huge part in the company, now obviously people want full touchscreen but out of the phones that have keyboards i think RIM`s keyboards are better than any other phone out there. i think the reason its important to RIM is because the people that have blackberrys already love the keyboard. i for one love using the keyboard on my phone but i am excited to see how bb10 will be since the first phone is gonna be touchscreen with no keyboard and its RIM`s next big thing (hopefully)
    The question, is will RIM make a BB10 device without a touch screen

Yes, RIM said they will be making a device with a full keyboard, but I am sure it will still have a touch screen anyways (gestures and such)
    05-14-12 10:05 AM
    I am guessing they will make a 'Torch' styled device. Like the 9800/10.
    05-14-12 01:42 PM
    I'm not sure at all... BB10 will be releasing a QWERTY keyboard device after the initial all-touch phone is released... But I agree with one of the other posters that maybe even the keyboard phones might have some touch actions (like "swapping" between different windows/apps?). I guess we'll have to wait and see! It'll be exciting, I'm sure!
    05-14-12 02:01 PM
    It's promising to know that BB10 will be all touch. Keyboards are a thing of the past and BB10 is the future of BlackBerry. Get with the times fellow BB users.
    05-14-12 05:47 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD