My reliable 8330's screen is beginning to crack and since it is almost 2 1/2 years old I need a new device. I held on to this device because I have really been waiting for Sprint to pick up a touch screen Blackberry. Some of the first leaked photos of the 9800 rumored Sprint branding. Does anyone know if the 9800 will come out in a CDMA version? It is pretty hard to leave Sprint right now. The monthly bill is hard to beat. I really don't want to give up my Blackberry either. Any info would be much appreciated.
    09-15-10 10:54 AM
    I havent' heard anything about the 9800 coming to Sprint, everything I saw made it out to be a GSM only device, and an ATT exclusive in the states (of course there were some pics of it with a TMO SIM card.)

It looks like the next new CDMA BB will be the "Style" flip. Sorry.
    09-15-10 11:36 AM
    go buy the AT&T unit. pay the 5-10bux to unlock it. now you have a torch! pretty easy and you dont have to wait.
    09-15-10 01:03 PM
    go buy the AT&T unit. pay the 5-10bux to unlock it. now you have a torch! pretty easy and you dont have to wait.
    That won't work with Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier. The Torch is GSM-only.

They haven't announced a CDMA Torch yet, and I believe Verizon still has exclusivity on the Storm series.
    09-15-10 02:11 PM
    I was in sprint yesterday and the guy who always has the inside scoop for me said they are being trained in the repair depts on the Touch. It's due out first quarter of 2011. He said they are trying for a jan-Feb roll-out.
    11-23-10 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD