I have a question for all the experts out there! I currently have a Sprint 8830 and am looking at either purchasing the Curve, or replacing with a new and shiny 8830. Will all my applications, including the ones I purchased migrate to my new phone, or will I have to download everything again and re-purchase those that I paid for? This could seriously affect my decision to go with a new phone since my current BB is quite loaded with goodies!
    06-26-08 01:04 PM
    Once you purchase an application, it's yours. You will need to request new registration codes.

I've got an online service called EZ Reregister that was created just for this purpose. Store the names, registration codes, and email vendors for all of your software. When you change PIN's just click a button to send messages to your vendors requesting new codes. If you like it, it's $7.99 a year for the subscription (about $0.02 per day).

You can sign up for a 30 day demo. Give it a lookie.
    06-26-08 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the info! Is there another way without using yet another 3rd Party pay app? Do I have to know all of my registration codes and contact them individually to re-register to my new PIN?
    06-26-08 02:05 PM
    As far as I know, there is nothing else like EZ Reregister available, not even from RIM. The old fashioned way to get new codes is just to either 1) keep track of the information, or 2) scramble to collect it when you get a new device. Either way, you've got to create an email message to each vendor with all of the relevant information and requesting a new PIN.

EZ Reregister is more like an insurance policy than an application you'll use everyday. For about $0.02/day, all of your information is stored safely, and even if your Berry gets run over by a truck, you just log in, enter your new PIN, and click one button, and your new registration codes are on the way!
    06-29-08 05:56 PM
    I have a question for all the experts out there! I currently have a Sprint 8830 and am looking at either purchasing the Curve, or replacing with a new and shiny 8830. Will all my applications, including the ones I purchased migrate to my new phone, or will I have to download everything again and re-purchase those that I paid for? This could seriously affect my decision to go with a new phone since my current BB is quite loaded with goodies!
    If you purchased them via Crackberry, go to BlackBerry Software My Account - Crackberry Store and log in.

If you have not created an account, you can create one now. Make sure you use the SAME email address as you did when you purchased the products.

Once logged in, not only will it show all of your previous downloads, but it will give you the option to download them again, and the registration codes as well.
    06-29-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD