I never leaved BlackBerry in the 1 st place and they are others who share my belief

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-09-15 03:36 PM
    I never turned back to BlackBerry ^^

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place!!

Was time for work ph upgrade and (@ the time) the crop of phones available on our work budget weren't really upgrades to what I was currently using...

So, I could stay with the same ph for another term or try a different model.

At the time I was bouncing back and forward between an LG Optimus L9 and the Huawei Ascend P2...

The L9 was moddable i.e. CM10+ were possible options. The P2 had higher spec, but the Emo UI didn't appeal.

What drew me to the Z10 initially was it's spec - not a world beater, but respectable enough.

Then the thought of trying something new/different started to appeal. Ph was stuck on 10.1 & I started to think 'you've really put your foot in it this time!' But, after some reading up and downloading - I'm pretty happy on :check-sig:

Now if they could just hurry up and officially release 10.3!?

NB, moral of story... I wanted something different (I'd say a lot of people do) and the spec is what initially drew me towards the Z10...

I barely new BlackBerry existed (great advertising that), and if I didn't know about this wonderful OS from personal usage, I would still be oblivious i.e. non-existent main stream media coverage re, BlackBerry and new devices.

I do preach the word when out and about. Most usually scoff... I'll keep doing my bit.
    If one of our 3 Telcos (yup, in the sticks) stock future/current devices - I can see myself staying with BlackBerry for a while.

But, it's going to need (respectful) specs ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-09-15 04:08 PM
    Yep 10.3.1.1 is nice. And it will be better in a long run

Z 30
    01-09-15 05:52 PM
    Gradually the "prodigal" sons and daughters will come back to Black!
    Only that the father (BlackBerry) is not putting out the welcome mat to the prodigal sons and daughters (consummers)

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    01-09-15 10:52 PM
    consumer market is fickle, ask Samsung. their profits are falling off a cliff, sales waaaaaay down. Apples iPad sales are tanking...

its better BB stick to biz market......
    IPAD sales are tanking?! Did you look at the numbers? http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...since-q3-2010/. Look at the trend from the link. Each release quarter higher than next. They had some lighter sales in the later quarters of 2014 compared to 2013, but they are in no way tanking. It's a device that is more difficult to justify upgrading more frequently compared to a phone. You think BlackBerry cowering to business market is going to drive sales? News flash: most people still want what works well for personal use for business use.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:08 AM
    I don't think they will. Not because people wouldn't be open too it but rather because BlackBerry has done nothing to get them back.

I say this because in the past few years I have seen a lot of my friends, family and coworkers switch away(myself as well) ending up on various other products, iPhone, Android, even a couple of Windows Phone users.

A lot of the older people in particular are up for grabs. When a lot of them got their phones they went with the cheapest Android phones available usually something like the Ace II X. My parents got this phone, my aunts and several coworkers. Most of these people hated these phones and longed for their BlackBerry phones to come back too them. Unfortunately a lot of them seem to be under the impression that BlackBerry is out of business and so they are stuck with what they have because BlackBerry has done nothing to let them know that yes they are around and yes they still offer competitive products.

I have since gotten my parents off their Androids(they couldn't be happier) and pointed a few coworkers towards Z10's and Z30's that can now be had for under $200 and $300 outright. But there are still a lot of people out there that just don't know the option is available.
    sentimentGX4 and MikeX74 like this.
    01-10-15 01:08 PM
    Well put, I am a business person and I depend on my device for emails, messaging and social media and I found that BlackBerry OS10 and the Hub does it better then any current platform.

I used IOS forever and also had an Android device and although in their defense, they have a great app ecosystem, for me the Hub has no equal, period. Try and move back after using OS10 for a while and see what happens?

You will find yourself trying to swipe the screen to wake up the device and swiping left looking for you notifications and messages! For me, there is something about BlackBerry and OS10 that keeps calling me back, just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    The worst is that my Sony offers Tap to Wake as its version. But after having a lot of problems with phone calls where the phone was dialing as my face pressed against the screen, I looked it up online. Turns out the Tap to Wake is active during phone calls and this causes dialing while your talking or outright call ending. So much for Tap to Wake have had to disable it. Works out though because it never worked properly anyway.
    01-10-15 01:15 PM
    Does anyone really think it would take more than a few weeks for any platform to copy the Hub if they wanted to?
    lol android has a hard enough time trying to figure a unified inbox.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    If folks want it, they can get it.

I do prefer unified, but on the list of important things to missy mobile people, I suspect it must not be high on the list.
    01-12-15 01:04 AM
    The only truly new device is the Passport, Classic is a minor update to Q10, Z30 is a year old device, Z10 is 2 years old, Q5 is a cheap version of Q10, also >2 years old hardware, Z3 is a region specific cheap phone. The Passport only can justify the price tag, all others are overpriced. Ecosystem is dead. What exactly they have to promote?

Posted via CB10
    But if I would follow your point of view, than my new phone isn't a BlackBerry anymore. Actually I'm doubting why I'm still a loyal BlackBerry user :/

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:16 AM
    Teenagers are fickle. Who knows what they'll want tomorrow. BlackBerry can't afford to go after such a volatile market. Apple can.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep and Android still sells more than BlackBerry....weird how things work out.
    01-12-15 09:27 AM
    Not weird, priced too high in the carrier stores, not in many carrier stores, carrier stores do not want to sell unlocked phones, sales agents do not own BlackBerries, no demo models to try, physical keyboards are not in demand, and no access to a good app store.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-12-15 at 10:56 AM.
    01-12-15 09:38 AM
    Blackberry need the funding.... they lost billions..... they need to come back!

isn't easy just to advertise on tv or have posters on the streets.... things like that cost a hell of a lot of money.

Which is nothing for Samsung and apple they hate eachother well apple hates sammy more lol

Blackberry will one day (i believe) come back strong maybe in 5/7 years or depends how long John chen is with us.... his future replacement could kill blackberry or make it even better.... they need to make more phones in a year... 30 devices at least in a year isn't hat what Samsung does?

with new improvements specs software different phones for different people
    01-12-15 09:43 AM
    BlackBerry isn't making any advertising on streets or tv, so the new generation teenagers don't even know what a BlackBerry is or looks like. If you mis this group as a phonebrand your done in the consumer world.

I didn't say that blackberry is death. People like to have stuff that is new and exciting. After 5 years of iPhone or Android people want to have something else. So yes I blame blackberry for not promoting there phones.

Posted via CB10
    Go see the new release movie, Taken 3 and you will see some good advertising for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:40 AM
    Follow thy master now all you black sheep!

Well I came back. It only takes a person then others will soon follow.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:03 AM
    Not weird, priced too high in the carrier stores, not in many carrier stores, carrier stores do not want to sell unlocked phones, sales agents do not own BlackBerries, no demo models to try, physical keyboards are not in demand, and no access to a good app store.
    My comment was sarcasm if you didn't already catch on lol I was making a point.
    01-13-15 03:46 AM
    Only that the father (BlackBerry) is not putting out the welcome mat to the prodigal sons and daughters (consummers)

Posted via CB10
    Nice one. I must say I can't argue with you on that point.
    01-13-15 08:32 AM
    Go see the new release movie, Taken 3 and you will see some good advertising for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Seeing a phone in a movie which last 2 hours or so is nothing like seeing advertisements all over a city or on tons of commercial breaks.

This will most likely not happen any time soon though.
    01-13-15 06:05 PM
    I agree with you, they really need to come up with a better marketing strategy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-13-15 06:53 PM
    Unless o/c you stand up when it's showing in the movie and yell 'Woo-hoo!! It's a BlackBerry!!' and start doing a jig ^^

Now that's a captured audience ;-p

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-15-15 12:46 PM
    It's difficult. The job comes to us as users to promote the benefits of using BB phones. But the lack of apps and the now directed consumage of phones (most teenagers prefers expensive touchscreen phones to publish their selfies and look at its social media) is the main disadvantage for the migration, because still there are apps without support on BB10. So there is a great need for developers and even the enterprises to get a native version for the apps and try to attract users. If we keep expecting Blackberry to promote it, we will die waiting. They are still worried to recover their numbers.

So, let's contribute
    01-15-15 01:17 PM
    I'm from the new generation and I own a z10 and all my friends know about the new BlackBerrys and how they look but they still think that it is as before

Posted via CB10
    None of the phones released while Chen has been in to corner office were developed during Chens time in charge except maybe the Classic.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-15-15 01:37 PM
    oh yes. I am sure people will buy BB handsets just to use BBM. [/sarcasm]
    It's cross-platform now and you can't take it back... :-)

This also tremendously increases the usefulness for BlackBerry users, because it's now pretty irrelevant which platform of phone the other person is on (Ubuntu, Jolla, and other exotics: I haven't tested putting BBM on yet, not sure when you'll be able to load APKs on an Ubuntu phone..., Jolla and APK should be doable).

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-15-15 06:29 PM

Which is nothing for Samsung and apple they hate eachother well apple hates sammy more lol
    So the 'thermonuclear' threat still exists...? ;-)

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-15-15 06:31 PM
75 123