As the title said

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-15 02:49 PM
    People - as in consumers, Not any time soon....

Regulated Business, maybe - it is possible that there are millions of BBOS devices out there that need to be upgraded.

For BlackBerry to succeed with the "people", they would have to offer more competitive products (hardware vs price), the would have to hit the really low price points that most developing markets are buying these days ($100 phones). And a permanent solution to the still existing app gap would have to be found - for most of us SNAP currently fills it, but the "people" aren't going to bother with that process. And of course they would have to do a LOT of marketing and other brand building initiatives (carrier training)... that they don't have the money to do.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-07-15 03:01 PM
    I sincerely hope so..

But it seems it's too late.... People are obsessed with the android and iOS platform.. And probably won't be willing to give blackberry another chance... Their loss..
    01-07-15 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry isn't making any advertising on streets or tv, so the new generation teenagers don't even know what a BlackBerry is or looks like. If you mis this group as a phonebrand your done in the consumer world.

I didn't say that blackberry is death. People like to have stuff that is new and exciting. After 5 years of iPhone or Android people want to have something else. So yes I blame blackberry for not promoting there phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 04:02 PM
    So yes I blame blackberry for not promoting there phones.
    The only truly new device is the Passport, Classic is a minor update to Q10, Z30 is a year old device, Z10 is 2 years old, Q5 is a cheap version of Q10, also >2 years old hardware, Z3 is a region specific cheap phone. The Passport only can justify the price tag, all others are overpriced. Ecosystem is dead. What exactly they have to promote?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-07-15 04:19 PM
    Depends on what you mean by people.... millions no... tens of thousands.... yes....
    bloomhaven and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-07-15 04:24 PM
    Yes; I looked through my crystal ball and they will. Mods please close as I've seen the future and no need to go further here.
    hpjrt, will308, thymaster and 5 others like this.
    01-07-15 04:30 PM
    Very difficult to tell. As of now, I think the situation is kind of stabilized, meaning that the public perception of BlackBerry has stopped dropping to the abysmal. A lot of people, and the media, seem to realize BlackBerry is not dead and that they can still come up with brilliantly fresh phones like the Passport.

However, I think at the moment it is only the adventurous people, as well as the former BlackBerry users who come in from a different brand. Most others will either wait and see, or simply don't care about BlackBerry as Android or iOS is the preferred choice for them anyways.

Maybe, if we want to feel optimistic, we can say that BlackBerry is becoming more and more of a considerable alternative to the leading brands, and especially to Windows Phone. Additionally the security concerns about the other platforms tend to rise insecurities. This is where BlackBerry can score at the moment.

Still, I don't believe that BlackBerry will make a significant comeback in the consumer market within the next years.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:40 AM
    I don't see people coming back in droves anytime soon, though I do hope I'm wrong.

People have made it clear that they want touchscreen phones with all their apps, and BlackBerry, while capable of making nice touchscreen devices, doesn't have most of those apps that consumers use all the time. Some, yeah, but not really enough to keep people interested for long.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 02:17 AM
    Well I came back. It only takes a person then others will soon follow.
    01-08-15 02:40 AM
    AT&T is already advertising the Passport on Twitter. It will be interesting to see how effective it is.
    01-08-15 06:32 AM
    AT&T is already advertising the Passport on Twitter. It will be interesting to see how effective it is.
    That's good point right there. The US is a key market, and if AT&T manages to successfully market the Passport, this will have a great impact on the brand recognition in general.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 06:41 AM
    No. BB will probably hang around but I see no mass migration. Mostly enterprise and a small number of consumers.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-08-15 06:52 AM
    At this point Advertising is wasted money. Apple and Samsung can out advertise you day in and day out. their advertising budget is more than revenue for BB.
    BlackQtCoder and mkelley65 like this.
    01-08-15 06:55 AM
    ATT site still has not BlackBerry Category when you shop for Phone.
    01-08-15 06:56 AM
    At this point Advertising is wasted money. Apple and Samsung can out advertise you day in and day out. their advertising budget is more than revenue for BB.
    I wouldn't agree here. Advertising in the right places is extremely important for BlackBerry. Just because others can spend more, doesn't mean your not supposed to act at all. And there's no such thing as "out advertising" in my opinion. Marketing is not all about the amount of dollars spent, it's also about doing it right.

Posted via CB10
    alphacr0m and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-08-15 07:05 AM
    People have no reason to turn back to blackberry.
    Android and iOS are actually aiming at consumers, unlike blackberry, which always gets away saying - "that's not our target market".
    01-08-15 10:22 AM
    BlackBerry needs to give them a reason to before they can. BB has always been great for business use, although it seems they are losing serious ground there as well. The loss of the consumer side is what's really killing them.
    01-08-15 10:35 AM
    Come people, it's not something that's going to happen over night. I'm happy to see them at least trying.

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    wincyUt, Blacklatino and ArcPlug like this.
    01-08-15 11:43 AM
    I'm from the new generation and all my friends know about the new BlackBerry and how they look but they still think that it is as before

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:03 PM
    BlackBerry isn't making any advertising on streets or tv, so the new generation teenagers don't even know what a BlackBerry is or looks like. If you mis this group as a phonebrand your done in the consumer world.

I didn't say that blackberry is death. People like to have stuff that is new and exciting. After 5 years of iPhone or Android people want to have something else. So yes I blame blackberry for not promoting there phones.

Posted via CB10
    I'm from the new generation and I own a z10 and all my friends know about the new BlackBerrys and how they look but they still think that it is as before

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:06 PM
    The fact that there might be more threads on this topic than actual BlackBerry users might say something

There is only slight sarcasm in my above statement lol

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, MarsupilamiX and marty314 like this.
    01-08-15 01:11 PM
    SNAP is not enough, Google Services are a must.

Actually, I'd prefer a Blackberry keyboard phone with Android.

The only thing I decided to use the Passport is the keyboard, anything else on the BlackBerry 10 OS is something I don't care about, or actually makes my life more difficult.

The HUB is nice, the screen is nice, but they are not so game changers for me that I would decide for this instead of a cheaper and smoother android phone experience.

If there would be a top android phone with keyboard, I would not bother about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:53 PM
    I came back to BlackBerry from Android - in the end I just found Android a bit boring, and I've always found ios dull. BB10 really is a different beast from what people may have experienced before with BlackBerry, and it would really help if that message was put out there with more advertising.

Posted with my Passport
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-08-15 03:22 PM
    You never know what's coming down the road,now that they seem to have the consumers attention and they are still around ,now they can use innovation to win back the crowd,Barcelona,and the loop just keeps going ,one day they will click again.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-08-15 03:31 PM
75 123