ok, I have an old AT&T legacy blue data plan for my current BB (8700). I would like to get a new Curve, unlock it, and keep the same plan for data with my extra minutes.

here's my question, if I buy a curve and unlock it, will I have all of the same functionality? Will the data work? Webclient? BB messenger? BB browser? mMode Browser?

I'm a bit apprehensive to spend the money without knowing that this will work. I have a killer plan with all of the trimmings out of contract and I don't want to change.

anybody have the answers?

thanks!

redd
    10-06-07 12:10 AM
    If said 'legacy' plan is a BlackBerry data plan, I don't see why it wouldn't work. But, it would really need someone that is currently using it, or an AT&T rep to confirm this...
    10-06-07 04:53 AM
    As long as you have an already existing BB data plan associated to your account, then the answer is yes, juts call AT&T have them update your IMEI login to your BIS and change your device so that your emails is transferred over to your new device...It would be a different story if you didn't ALREADY have a BB data plan, but since you do, the transition will be fine.
    10-06-07 04:58 AM
    Or login to the ATT BIS site and update your PIN and IMEI your self!

We here at ATT will be none the wiser and I certainly won't say anything

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    10-06-07 07:57 AM
    Here at work I setup users on their personal and company BB's, yet, I don't have one of my own. I am ready to change devices, but not ready to let go of my calling/data plan. I've had a legacy AT&T mmode data plan since the launch of GSM on AT&T Wireless. Will an unlocked BB curve be able to use my legacy data plan and the BIS site to pull email on this legacy data plan?

Any thoughts
    10-16-07 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD