I just ordered the 9650, and I can't wait! Verizon said they'll ship it overnight for free, but I'm in school during the delivery time tomorrow. If I write a note, would they leave it? Are there any tips to getting them to leave it there? Thanks!
    09-08-10 07:42 PM
    Tell me where you live and I'll pick it up for you.

jk

They probably need a signature so it'll go back to the depot for you to pick up
    09-08-10 07:44 PM
    They've left one for me before and boy was I mad!!! If someone had stolen it Fed-x would'a been minus a employee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 08:08 PM
    I just ordered the 9650, and I can't wait! Verizon said they'll ship it overnight for free, but I'm in school during the delivery time tomorrow. If I write a note, would they leave it? Are there any tips to getting them to leave it there? Thanks!
    If you leave a note with the tracking number and a signature asking them to leave it they will....at least that is how they do it here in Colorado. You just have to understand the risk of it sitting on your door step until you get home.
    09-08-10 08:12 PM
    If you leave a note with the tracking number and a signature asking them to leave it they will....at least that is how they do it here in Colorado. You just have to understand the risk of it sitting on your door step until you get home.
    You don't even have to include the tracking number, I got my replacement the other day, left a note and they left it on my porch.
    09-08-10 09:34 PM
    You could also leave instructions for your neighbor to sign for it.
    09-08-10 09:37 PM
    Just leave a note on your door with your signature and they'll leave it.
    09-08-10 11:33 PM
    FYI: I believe when you ordered it you could have included instructions to leave it. I did that once with DHL (before they went belly up) and once with Fed Ex. DHL left it at my mailbox on the highway , and Fed Ex left it on my porch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 01:01 AM
    Depends on where you live and what they (FedEx )considers a high thief rate for the delivery area. If they have determined this is true they will leave you a call tag to pick up the package at the station (address provided on call tag of station), you'll need to have a photo ID with the correct address on it when picking it up. Also if the shipper requested a signature they need to obtain one to release the package.
    09-09-10 09:02 AM
    I'm a FedEx courier. Verizon phones require a signature but not in person. If you leave a signed, dated note for them to leave it, the courier can leave it but it's at his/her discretion for security reasons. If there's a safe place to leave it (i.e. a back door or shed) I would suggest that. Just remember...if you leave a note for them to leave it, it removes FedEx from ANY liability as far as theft.

I know this post is a day old and you (the OP) probably got the phone today, but maybe this post will explain it to someone else. Verizon is literally bombarding us with phones daily (I probably deliver 20-30 a day) and people get ill if they have to drive to the station to get it...lol
    09-10-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD