Let's face it, blend sucks right now. But I still use it. After a few more updates (probably a few years), I believe it will be stable, solid and fluid. Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel that BlackBerry has released enough new stuff in the past two years to make enough of a statement. But why keep releasing new phones when the phones you've already sold need more support and updating?

If people buy a new leap, slider, z50 or whatever, they're going to expect support, updates and functionality. If they don't get it, they'll return their phones. Also you're going to annoy loyal customers that have been waiting for good updates for a long time ( look at contacts, remember and calendar...bleh).

Who thinks we need to wait a lot longer? I think blend needs to be as stable as bbm.
    pblakeney and dracolnyte like this.
    04-05-15 06:42 PM
    Hmmm. I use Blend quite frequently. What do you find is unstable about it?

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    04-05-15 06:50 PM
    Adding removing computers and accounts. Linking with file explorer.
    04-05-15 06:56 PM
    On Windows, Blend is pretty good. The experience on Android isn't as great yet, but I expect it to improve (there's a new beta being tested now).

I'd like some more granularity, for sure, like the ability to hide individual accounts like you can in the Hub, and more reliable connections. And as superficial as it sounds, yes, I'd like sticker support.

Agreed, it still needs work but for me it's usable now and only likely to get better.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-05-15 07:00 PM
    Using on windows 8.1 and have zero issues. What's seems to be the problem? Can they add features yes, but overall works great for me and my passport.
    04-05-15 07:08 PM
    By the way I run blend on an imac and macbook pro and it sucks. Also I hate how's every few minutes I get a hub notification that I'm connected.
    04-05-15 08:59 PM
    By the way I run blend on an imac and macbook pro and it sucks. Also I hate how's every few minutes I get a hub notification that I'm connected.
    That is because imac and macbook suck...not blend. No problems on windows 8.1, especially with the blend update. Lightning fast and stable.
    04-05-15 09:17 PM
    I loaded blend on my mom's iPad yesterday thinking she love it.... but man it sucks it's so slow and unresponsive on the iPad it would drive me insane!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:26 PM
    I loaded blend on my mom's iPad yesterday thinking she love it.... but man it sucks it's so slow and unresponsive on the iPad it would drive me insane!

Posted via CB10
    Again...one thing in common...apple is the one that sucks.
    ArcPlug likes this.
    04-05-15 09:29 PM
    Blend works great for me on windows, most be mac that sucks. Oh yeah, I have owned a mac, no more, there are iPad, iPhone, nano, Dell, Toshiba, and Panasonic / General Dynamic PC/ laptops in my house currently.
    pblakeney likes this.
    04-05-15 09:35 PM
    That is because imac and macbook suck...not blend. No problems on windows 8.1, especially with the blend update. Lightning fast and stable.
    Oh stop. Blend has connectivity and freezing issues across the board. Mac and Windows. The new beta has helped but it's still not as reliable as it could/should be.
    04-05-15 09:37 PM
    I think I've had that issue only once some time ago. I haven't had an issue for several weeks already.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:56 PM
    You sir, either do not use Blend all that much or you are just as much a Windows lemming as you are a BlackBerry one. I love Blend and Windows (well... I use Windows by choice, love is a strong word though) but Blend is far from lightning fast or stable.
    It's very often slow to connect and lags all the time, not to mention it can cause lag on my Passport for basic functions (sometimes my text messages on my Passport hang for up to 10 seconds or so when Blend is connected).
    It's a great piece of software and I truly hope and believe that it will continue to get better and better but it's not there yet. 'Lightning fast and stable'? The real motto is more accurate: "It's just there."

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Lstkryptonian likes this.
    04-05-15 10:36 PM
    It disconnects quite often, and I get notification in the hub that it is connected, again, more often than it should. Yes, it works, but not very smooth.
    04-05-15 11:05 PM
    I'm on the beta blend and the disconnection problem has gone away. I find blend to be pretty good on windows although it's a little slow on low powered devices (e.g. my thinkpad tablet 2). All in all, obviously improvements are needed, but it's fairly usable right now.
    04-05-15 11:48 PM
    oh that's easy ........................just don't use a mac then you wont have a problem
    04-06-15 12:38 AM
    I used Blend for windows 8 and for Mac and I dont get it why it always says you are disconnected when im using Mac while it doesnt happen when im using windows..

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:44 AM
    Well guys I'm not going to stop using macs. It's not the end of the world, I just hope it improves. I actually like blend a lot and hope they put in remember app functionality.

I know this is impossible, but I'd like to see cb10 integrated into blend.

On the passport demo for blend at the release, they used a windows laptop and a droid tablet, no macs.
    04-06-15 06:09 AM
    I've had zero problem with Blend on my Mac. Can you elaborate on what kind of problems you're encountering?
    04-06-15 06:13 AM
    1. Using the file manager on my Passport, I can't have remote access of my MacBook Pro.
    2. When I run Blend on my Mac with the Passport connected via USB, I open the file manager of Blend and the Mac files are nowhere to be found.
    04-06-15 01:32 PM
    1. Using the file manager on my Passport, I can't have remote access of my MacBook Pro.
    2. When I run Blend on my Mac with the Passport connected via USB, I open the file manager of Blend and the Mac files are nowhere to be found.
    Don't you need Link for remote file excess?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:06 PM
    Don't you need Link for remote file excess?
    Yes. on the PC version it is installed though the Blend installation file. I'm not sure if it is different on MAC.
    04-06-15 02:09 PM
    As OS7? The OS that had memory leaks etc. The OS that needed to have battery pulls to fix freezing and hour glasses? If that's what you're comparing it to I guess they hit the mark.
    FCSC and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-06-15 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    it is issue of ipad and ios. ios does not have true multitasking so blend is kind of pointless on ios. i have it on ipad and yes it indeed sucks. pc version is great. ipads need more memory. ios8 feels sluggish on my ipad mini. web browser is not exactly speed demon either.
    04-06-15 02:23 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever made any PC software that didn't suck?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 03:20 PM
52 123