And??? To my knowledge the KeyOne is designed by BB. If it's a success they may have a KeyOneTwo if however they call it.
    KeyOne is too far along in development to consider making it water resistant now.
    They are a software company and as such won't be water proofing anything going forward.
    Did you just give me some attitude?
    04-13-17 04:39 PM
    KeyOne is too far along in development to consider making it water resistant now.
    They are a software company and as such won't be water proofing anything going forward.
    Did you just give me some attitude?
    If you read my comment, you'll notice that I am talking about the next phone... if KeyOne is successful. I never said anything about making KeyOne water resistant

Also, I am pretty sure that BB have so influence of which phone with which type of hardware they stick their logo on.
    04-13-17 04:55 PM
    If you read my comment, you'll notice that I am talking about the next phone... if KeyOne is successful. I never said anything about making KeyOne water resistant

Also, I am pretty sure that BB have so influence of which phone with which type of hardware they stick their logo on.
    I did read your comment. They won't be doing the hardware on any phones going forward because they are a software company now.

Water resistance is a hardware feature.
    04-13-17 04:58 PM
    Water resistance is slowly going to become a standard in the industry and BB shouldn't ignore it.

-Imagine you're suck out in the rain and you need to pull out your phone to call a cab.

-You're running outside and you are sweating like crazy

-You're relaxing in the jacuzzi and would like to do some reading

-You're in the shower and would like to text your gf/bf over to join lol
    I'm sure TCL has some IP67/68 phones in the pipeline that will get BB Branding.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DTEK60 successor gets IP68.
    04-13-17 06:17 PM
    They should make phones more rugged first.
    I think you're more likely to shatter a screen before damaging it with water.
    04-13-17 07:03 PM
    They should make phones more rugged first.
    I think you're more likely to shatter a screen before damaging it with water.
    You may be right but a whole lot of phones end up in toilet.
    04-13-17 07:07 PM
    I did read your comment. They won't be doing the hardware on any phones going forward because they are a software company now.

Water resistance is a hardware feature.
    So you're saying that since they are a software compagne they should totally ignore the hardware part?

That's what brought BB where they are here today: ignoring trends and their clients.

BTW, processor, battery life, physical keyboards are all hardware feature, BB shouldn't have any saying it right?
    04-13-17 07:49 PM
    I really wish phones​ today were as water-resistant AND as rugged as phones of yesteryears.
    Same here! A couple years ago my 2 year old took my old Nokia 5230 that I was using add Gps swirled it around in the toilet. I took it out, died it up and it still works perfectly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-17 08:12 PM
    So you're saying that since they are a software compagne they should totally ignore the hardware part?

That's what brought BB where they are here today: ignoring trends and their clients.

BTW, processor, battery life, physical keyboards are all hardware feature, BB shouldn't have any saying it right?
    They claim to have some say in the hardware but I doubt they are gonna bite the hand that feeds them unless the hardware makes them look particularly bad. Now if the BB android becomes a hit they will have more leverage but in the grand scheme of things not so much. If the hardware feature is orthogonal to software then its really none of their business. Once again they are well rid of the hardware business. You may imagine that they have a big hammer and can lay down the law to their subscribers, but isn't that just doubling down on a foolish notion?
    04-13-17 08:42 PM
    Blackberry's hardware design was never the problem. It was their strategic decision making regarding the transition away from their old BIS-based business model.

I'm sure that TCL is happy to listen to whoever still remains on the BlackBerry hardware team, but, at the same time, they are going to leverage their own strengths to build hardware platforms they can use for multiple devices.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-13-17 09:12 PM
    You may be right but a whole lot of phones end up in toilet.
    Indeed, as well as Drinks being spilled on them. Countless times I have been at a bar/put or restaurant and at some point during the night someone at the table either spills some of their Shooter or entire drink.
    04-14-17 08:41 AM
    Indeed, as well as Drinks being spilled on them. Countless times I have been at a bar/put or restaurant and at some point during the night someone at the table either spills some of their Shooter or entire drink.
    Another sad example of drinking and texting.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-14-17 08:49 AM
37 12