Hello crackberry world,

This is my first post although I do come on here alot to read the latest and greatest news from the crackberry team and just can't wait to get my hands on my bb10 phone. There is just something that has been playing on mind for sometime now and to be honest I was expecting it to be mentioned by either crackberry or by BlackBerry themselves but just hasn't come up yet. As bb10 is a completely new OS will I still be able to add friends/relatives who have older BlackBerry devices by pin to my BBM as they will have a different OS?

Thanks crackberry nation......and loving the hair btw@kevin
    09-26-12 01:22 PM
    Hello crackberry world,

This is my first post although I do come on here alot to read the latest and greatest news from the crackberry team and just can't wait to get my hands on my bb10 phone. There is just something that has been playing on mind for sometime now and to be honest I was expecting it to be mentioned by either crackberry or by BlackBerry themselves but just hasn't come up yet. As bb10 is a completely new OS will I still be able to add friends/relatives who have older BlackBerry devices by pin to my BBM as they will have a different OS?

Thanks crackberry nation......and loving the hair btw@kevin
    edit DUH I need to read better!

This is a good question, but I would assume it would still work!

Welcome to CB!
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 09-26-12 at 01:47 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
    09-26-12 01:24 PM
    Yes, I can confirm it connects with "old" BBM just fine.
    jasonvan9 and hpjrt like this.
    09-26-12 01:35 PM
    Awesome!!!!.......@Thunderbuck ....can't wait!!!!
    09-26-12 01:39 PM
    Yes it works I got a request from a friend with a dev alpha last night.
    09-26-12 01:40 PM
    Cool, can any of you guys confirm if the dev alpha is using BIS or not?
    09-26-12 02:12 PM
    Awesome!!!!.......@Thunderbuck ....can't wait!!!!
    Hi, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

ON TOPIC:
    I can also confirm it works. I have 2 contacts on BBM from their Dev Alphas. And it is separate as I still have their separate, original BBM contact too.

BBM Groups is also fully functional. Those 2 contacts are also in a BBM Group with me.
    (One of them commented that the typing with flick was addictive!)
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-26-12 02:22 PM
    Cool, can any of you guys confirm if the dev alpha is using BIS or not?
    If you have a valid internet connection, a BlackBerry logo shows up beside the connection icon just like it does on the current phones. I have tested BBM using Wifi and the cell network. It works on both.

It only works on certain carriers which have been setup to support it. My carrier (Bell) has already been setup.
    09-26-12 02:25 PM
    it sure works. Tested this afternoon. It's ... great !

Also some examples of "collaboration" with "old" devices :
    My alpha gets wifi access oudoor on behalf of my 9900 hotspot. Also Balize made a demo for BT file transfer ... just wait for bridge to drop and you'll dance on your seat
    09-26-12 02:28 PM
    when eve it is connected to wifi it pulls up the BIS signal the 4 little dots. doesnt seem to work very well unless the dots are there.
    09-26-12 02:48 PM
    This was a great question as I was wondering the same thing.
    09-26-12 03:01 PM
    I've been chatting with someone who has a BB10 device while on my 9700! Too cool!
    09-26-12 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD