I always got blackberry phones. But today I am to a point to realize that, they are good phone, but the apps really sucks. I think that bb should try to be more open to compatibility with other apps on other platform. Especially with google play services. I looked around on this site and there are lots of patchs or ways to try to bypass the system. But most of the solution dont work. Links are redirect to 404 pages. My point is that if bb want to keep their clients they should reconsider their apps. I just got a Z30... the phone its a great phone but i feel like im running windows 98 on a new pc... The reputation of BB is on the edge of breaking point and they should REALY re organise there application issue before putting out new phone.
    05-17-15 06:53 AM
    May I ask which specific "apps"?

For me, Android apps have been working quite smoothly on my Q10 with 10.3.1
    As for the Google Play services, you will not be getting the full support that Android devices get, but there are still capable bypasses.

YouTube: Supertube app from BlackBerry World

Google Maps: can be side loaded through Snap, or be downloaded from BlackBerry World (Be maps pro)

I think these are the two Google services that BlackBerry 10 users ask for.

Of course, the app support could be better from the native store, but BlackBerry 10 has gotten so much better at running android apps compared to when BlackBerry 10 first came out.

Other than that, the Hub takes care of the need for any specific mail app.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:48 AM
    Android Wear (and Android For Work and Android Auto) requires Google Play Services, and this will never work on BB10's Android Player. Only Google-Certified Android devices get access to Google Play Services.

Work-arounds like Cobalt's help some apps run that use some Google services but don't actually use Google Play Services, but it doesn't make Google Play Services work on the Android Player - that's why apps like Drive, Google+, Google Now, etc. don't work and won't work.

You can read more here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-store-953753/
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    05-17-15 07:35 PM