I have never used a BB before. I am planning on buying a Bold when it comes out. One of the features I use all the time on my current phone is setting a reminder to call or meet someone. I would like to know if BB can do the same thing.

The way I do it is to go to calendar, add a note and a screen comes up where I can select one of the following: Meeting, Call, Birthday, etc. After I select what I want, another screen comes up where I can just type in something OR select a contact from my address book. Then it continues with setting the time of the event and if I want an alarm. If I had selected Call and a contact from my book, when the alarm goes off I can just hit my call button and it will call that contact.

Also, I can set the events recurring, but only daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or yearly. I would like to make an event occur every M-TH every week. Is that possible on a BB?

Thanks in advance!!
    07-18-08 11:33 PM
    If I remember correctly, no. I have phone calls I make every M & TH and I had to imput them separately. Anyone??
    07-19-08 12:55 AM
    On my Pearl I am able to set up 2 conference calls weekly, on the specific days that I have them, the only setback that I have found is the calls have to be at the same time. For instance I have conference calls monday, wednesday, thursday, friday at 10 am. I have my Pearl set to remind me 15 minutes before the call is to start weekly on them 4 days. All of this is done in the calender.
    07-19-08 02:59 PM
    You can certainly set up a recurring appointment with a phone number and an alert timer. It's no different from any other appointment. The way you create it will be different from the palm, and it won't be prelabeled "meeting" or "call" or whatever. But you can label it whatever you want and put whatever contact info you want in it.
    07-19-08 05:46 PM
    You can certainly set up a recurring appointment with a phone number and an alert timer. It's no different from any other appointment. The way you create it will be different from the palm, and it won't be prelabeled "meeting" or "call" or whatever. But you can label it whatever you want and put whatever contact info you want in it.
    You win again. Leave some questions unanswered for us Jeff!!
    07-19-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD