Hello,

Please help folks!

My phone is Canadian and I just came to the UAE for a visit.

On the plane, I was connected to wifi (which will bring me to another post soon), and BIS was working perfectly fine.

In the UAE however, I cannot get BIS to work. I can only use wifi - any idea why? I've been here multiple times before and I was able to use wifi to get my emails/bbms normally. Any suggestions?

thanks
    12-18-12 06:27 AM
    Sounds like the connected network does not support roaming data for your home network provider, I've seen the same problem in other roaming areas even when the radio signal is strong and voice works. Try selecting the network manually, you might have to step through a few until you find one which supports you in roaming.
    12-18-12 06:36 AM
    Yes, but while I was onboard the plane, there was no network and I still got BIS...
    12-18-12 06:56 AM
    Sorry to bump, but I would really appreciate the help if anyone has had a similar problem... thanks a lot
    12-18-12 01:00 PM
    Are using the same carrier previously and now? Because if its the same carrier, U can just call customer service for help.
    But if its a different carrier, the new one may not support or subscribe to bis. I know one company in Malaysia who is not willing to pay licensing fee to RIM when the rest are eager to be in business with RIM.
    12-18-12 05:43 PM