Okay...i woke up this morning and i noticed my wifi wasn't on and i'm not connected to my router. When i go to set up wifi it says "turn wifi on to perform scan" and i click yes but then it comes up saying unable to turn wifi on!! first, why would it turn off and second, can someone please help me on how to fix this. My router is on and working so why won't my phone connect to it? Thank you for your help!!!!
    04-11-09 07:57 AM
    Morning, first thing as always is to try a battery pull. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

If it does not, please come back here and we will do our best to help you.
    04-11-09 08:32 AM
    thank you i will give it a try!!
    04-11-09 08:43 AM
    ok i think it worked but now it says it is entering a pin to connect to my router and its counting down from 5 minutes. i'm assuming its working but i still gotta wait 3 mins and i have to leave for work right now so i will post back here later and say whether it worked or not. Thanks for the help though!
    04-11-09 08:50 AM
    it totally worked! Yay! Why does it turn off though?
    04-12-09 05:49 PM
    it totally worked! Yay! Why does it turn off though?
    What turns off??? Your BB or the router???
    04-12-09 06:46 PM
    I think she means Wifi loses its connection sporadically.

Are you entering the passphrase key into your 8900 wifi profile?
    04-12-09 07:21 PM
    Hello, I am having a similar issue and didn't want to start a whole new post. I have my 8900 connected to my router but it still is on EDGE. I've tried the battery pull and when I restarted the phone it asked if I wanted to connect and I clicked "yes" and still wont connect. My wifi is not lit up and when I go to Manage Connection there is the router address but no check in the box. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Thanks.
    08-02-09 09:10 AM
    Try doing a power reset on your router... just unplug your router for 30 seconds, then plug it back in... it might take a minute or two to come back up so you can connect... in the mean time, go to Connection Manager and turn off your Wifi... after the router comes back up, then turn your Wifi back on.
    08-02-09 09:19 AM
    That did the trick! Resetting the modem I presume works alot! Thanks again.
    08-02-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD