Is there any way to use the WiFi for web browsing/facebook and other applications while you're network is still on? I'm connected to my wifi network, but for some reason the web browser still uses the network instead of the much faster WiFi to browse. Is there anyway to use your network while still using the WiFi for browsing.
    09-03-09 12:12 AM
    if you for sure have a wifi connection, do this. open your browswer click the BB button select options, go to general properties and make internet browser your default browser. that should do it.
    09-03-09 12:15 AM
    Nope, even if I change it to the "hotspot browser", the speed is still noticeably the same as when its using the network. But when I turn the network off, the speed drastically increases and I can tell the wifi is being used.
    09-03-09 12:17 AM
    One way you can tell if you're running WiFi is too look at the symbol at the top. If it is showing the white Wi-Fi symbol I believe it is using that for browsing. Though if the WiFi symbol degrades too much or slows down, it will automatically switch over to your network carrier.
    09-03-09 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD