with Mobile Network set to off an only Wifi is on (with "UMA" showing) I have 2 questions:

1. does calling affect your carrier minutes?

2. does international calling not considered roaming anymore?

only reason I ask is because when on "UMA" the home screen shows up like this "Tmobile - mynetwork" even with Mobile Network off

thanks
    12-06-09 07:44 AM
    ok, just checked my statement.

answer to no. 1 question is YES, it affects my carrier minutes.

anyone know about no. 2?
    12-06-09 08:16 AM
    If you are in another country and use the UMA feature, it will be like if the call originated from the US. So if you are in mexico, are connected to UMA and call a US number, there will be no additional charges. If you call back to the country you are currently in, you will have to pay international call charges.
    12-07-09 11:52 AM
    If you are in another country and use the UMA feature, it will be like if the call originated from the US. So if you are in mexico, are connected to UMA and call a US number, there will be no additional charges. If you call back to the country you are currently in, you will have to pay international call charges.
    thanks. so if i have a UMA/Wifi connection, regardless of what country I'm in, my calls to US numbers will be free. calling international numbers will be charged as long distance, right?

i.e. I'm in Mexico:

calling NY --> Free
    Calling Mexico/London/Japan--> Long Distance charges
    12-07-09 01:00 PM
    thanks. so if i have a UMA/Wifi connection, regardless of what country I'm in, my calls to US numbers will be free. calling international numbers will be charged as long distance, right?

i.e. I'm in Mexico:

calling NY --> Free
    Calling Mexico/London/Japan--> Long Distance charges
    correct.

10 char
    12-07-09 01:58 PM
    thanks.

good and bad news for me. thought I could use it to call people overseas....
    12-07-09 02:04 PM
    I think the point of UMA is to give your phone a good signal through Wi-FI because calls are surely not free right?
    12-07-09 02:26 PM
    **note to self: delete international numbers!!**
    12-07-09 02:31 PM
    I think the point of UMA is to give your phone a good signal through Wi-FI because calls are surely not free right?
    Calls count against your regular plan minutes unless you have the unlimited UMA calling add-on though t-mobile.
    12-07-09 02:42 PM
    does the uma feature work abroad for only postpaid customers? i am prepaid and it didnt work for me today in el salvador.
    06-08-11 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD