Is there a way to get the WiFi symbol off of my homescreen? Its always in such an awkward spot right on top of my wallpaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 11:19 AM
    You would need to either create a different theme, or download one. If you create your own, you can put it anywhere on the homescreen.
    01-01-11 11:23 AM
    Is there a way to get the WiFi symbol off of my homescreen? Its always in such an awkward spot right on top of my wallpaper.

I agree! It drives me absolutely crazy. I have a couple of themes that have it in the banner with everything else which is fine but they aren't my favorites My favorite ones display it right there in the middle of nowhere, completely out of place, just to screw with my wallpaper. Glad to know I'm not the only one it bothers, though I may be extreme
    01-01-11 11:36 AM
    Download Theme Builder, and you can move the wifi symbol to wherever you need it. Save the theme, load it on your phone, and you are set. Something like that is a simple fix. If you want me to do it, tell me where you want it, and I can try to get it for you this weekend.
    01-01-11 12:20 PM
    Yes, same here! There are a few themes I've had where itys in the banner and that's fine. But I have 2 main themes I use, one with a very thin top banner and one with a very thin bottom banner. Both of then have the symbol screwing up my wallpaper, as you say. Such a nuisance. I like a very clean, uncluttered screen.

I don't know how to make themes. I wish I could, I'd make the theme exactly how I like it.

01-01-11 12:20 PM
    Heavy Fluid, really?? That would be so awesome!! What I want is very simple.

On the homescreen, a thin top banner or bottom banner with the date & time. Any other symbols that have to be there should be in the banner, too. Plain black app screen. Cool icons if you can (I love iPhonish icons but this is not the most important thing.) Would love blue highlights & a simple, easy to read font that's not too small. No built in shortcuts. I use the space bar already for QL & I have everything else set up the way I like it. (M for messages, for example.). Thank you!!!

01-01-11 12:29 PM
    I might try the whole Theme Builder thing......I'm just afraid I will mess my phone up LOL! I'm kind of tired of stalking the theme board looking for the perfect theme. My top priorities are NO randomly floating wifi, hidden today, decent sized time, date and font and of course, a weather slot (which I use for BatteryEx) preferably somewhere in the banner. I like everything compact but simple. Oh, and did I mention a black app screen? All of this and I still want to see my wallpaper.
    Heavy Fluid, do you think a TB newbie could handle all of this?

Cool Breeze....Sorry I really didn't mean to hijack your thread
    01-01-11 01:54 PM
    I might try the whole Theme Builder thing......I'm just afraid I will mess my phone up LOL! I'm kind of tired of stalking the theme board looking for the perfect theme. My top priorities are NO randomly floating wifi, hidden today, decent sized time, date and font and of course, a weather slot (which I use for BatteryEx) preferably somewhere in the banner. I like everything compact but simple. Oh, and did I mention a black app screen? All of this and I still want to see my wallpaper.
    Heavy Fluid, do you think a TB newbie could handle all of this?

Cool Breeze....Sorry I really didn't mean to hijack your thread
    No problem at all!!!

01-01-11 04:08 PM
    I can guess the developer for the theme made a mistake on putting the wifi icon in the wrong place. I had one theme where it was right under the Setup folder on the home screen, garbling the label. I ditched the theme. It was essentally a clone of the stock Zen theme, only with animation.

01-01-11 07:28 PM
    Hi HF, did you ever get to this? Just wondering.

01-03-11 03:39 PM
    No, have not had time to mess with it. You should download it and give it a shot. There are several tutorials here on how to make one, and since yours is a simple modification, it should be straight forward.
    01-03-11 06:06 PM
    Ok, maybe I'll give it a shot. My work will be pretty light for the next week or so.

01-03-11 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD