I have a white wifi symbol, my wifi name is shown in the home screen. Woohoo.. I open my browser and expect it to load pages and download things faster...wrong...slower actually. What is going on here? I can turn off the phone radio connection and use wifi only and it is slower than if I used the network. I have a 7 Meg wifi connection..but how fast is the phones connection to it? Are you guys experiencing the same thing or is it just me? I fully expected this phone to download mp3s near my wifi speed when I am connected to it..but alas it does not. Please tell me your phones are rocking and mine needs to be exchanged? Thanks..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:59 AM
    When I am connected through WiFi it seems only a little faster than only using the radio connection. I think this has to do with the BB Browser more than the connection speed because all my other apps that use Wifi are definitely faster with WiFi connection.
    11-11-09 08:01 AM
    what AQucsaiJr said.
    11-11-09 08:58 AM
    I find the exact same thing with my Bold 9700. 3G HSDPA (so max theorhetical is 3 Megabits downstream) radio using Internet Browser seems to load pages faster than my WiFi Hotspot Browser, which 10 Megabit downstream. What's up? Why would I use WiFi then? I hope that WebKit browser improves things here.
    03-29-10 01:54 PM
    Are you guys forgetting BIS uses compression?
    03-29-10 01:57 PM
    When I am connected through WiFi it seems only a little faster than only using the radio connection. I think this has to do with the BB Browser more than the connection speed because all my other apps that use Wifi are definitely faster with WiFi connection.
    +1 .... Mines the same
    03-29-10 02:12 PM
    don't forget, the RIM servers transcode all your webpages into the proprietary format. the bottleneck is often the RIM servers. Plus the tcp/ip stack on the BlackBerry is way better than the tcp/mdp/udp stack that the BB browser uses in my opinion/experience.
    03-29-10 02:25 PM
    Mine is definitely faster on wifi.
    03-29-10 03:14 PM
    My wifi is faster on my phone.
    03-29-10 03:19 PM
    I'm not sure about downloading files but I use bolt browser and opera mini as well and notice a big difference when I'm running on wi-fi versus phone network. At least when I'm only surfing anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD