i have the storm 2, on the original OS (.320 is it?) anyways, i have 2 internet connection saved, one is my university and the other is my home, how do i get them to connect automatically when i come in range of either one? because right now i have to do it manually thanks.
    04-12-10 03:57 PM
    anyone know?
    04-12-10 07:02 PM
    Set connection mode to Automatic.
    04-12-10 07:20 PM
    You're wifi radio itself will not turn off and on by itself. You need to:
    1) turn the wifi radio on manually
    2) buy a wifi management app. check the app store and make sure it states compatibility with CDMA devices. I use SmartWifi (got it on sale for .99, but I think it's like $5 or $10 normally, so that might not be an option. It works great though for me, and I have 6 different wifi areas "learned"

If you mean that you will leave Wifi on at all times, then the above poster is right, just set the connection mode to automatic
    04-12-10 07:46 PM
    where do i find the automatic thing?
    04-12-10 07:50 PM
    where do i find the automatic thing?
    Go to manage connections -> WiFi Options -> Select the SSID to edit -> Choose Edit -> Change connection mode to automatic
    04-12-10 08:06 PM
    yeah, they are already on automatic, but when i return home from university or from home to university, it doesnt auto connect
    04-12-10 08:46 PM
    Make sure Enable Single Profile Scanning is not checked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 09:30 PM
    ^^^What he said.
    04-12-10 09:37 PM
    I am having a similar problem. When I arrive at my office in the morning, my Storm2 connects to the Wifi automatically. If I leave for awhile and return (without changing anything), the Wifi does not reconnect.

More interestingly, I can't get it to reconnect no matter what I try to do (tried turning wifi off and on, rebooting, etc.) until the next day when I come back to my office and it reconnects automatically again. Then the problem starts again if I leave the office and return. Very strange.
    04-20-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD