Having the same problem as everyone else in this thread (Bold 9000). I even updated the operating system to .771 in a vain attempt to get it working. Tried lots of battery pulls, but some of you guys reckon it'll come back by itself if I keep trying?

... I'm thinking hardware now.
    I don't think it will be hardware though, as it's happening to different models.

I'm just waiting for RIM to notice and hopefully care enough to do something about it.
    Last edited by shroomishness; 09-20-10 at 07:22 PM.
    09-16-10 05:54 PM
    This is a REAL problem you guys have here. Unfortunately I am out of ideas other than those already suggested.
    09-16-10 07:51 PM
    Add my curve 8900 to the growing list of "unable to turn wifi on" devices. It all started with the upgrade to 5.0 Must say, 5.0 is great and all, but WTH happened to the wifi. It worked for two days then this. Conspiracy? Trying to force all our bills to go up? I need my wifi connection or droid here i come.
    09-20-10 05:08 PM
    Bold 9700 won't connect to wifi, set as wifi preferred. It finds networks but won't connect or does connect then disconnects. Error W002 wi-fi connection failed. My husbands Nokia E73 worked perfectly the first time. tMobile and Blackberry are no help (hours of calls and a new phone). The router works fine and I am less than 20 feet away.
    10-04-10 09:21 AM
    Anyone find a solution to this? I searched all over and tried everything and wifi radio won't turn on no matter what.

I pulled battery 10x, nothing.
    I upgraded to latest os, nothing.
    I deleted all service books, nothing.
    I deleted all wifi profils nothing.

No wifi logo appears at all, bis is connected, I am writing from it now via browser, email works just wifi can't turn on radio... Any idea? Plz don't tell me battery pull because ill kill myself. Jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 05:05 AM
    Still no solution? It 's really frustrating.. Gave so much money.. I even changed the hardware, downgraded os, upgraded os... still nothing.. Please anyone? Help...!
    10-20-12 03:58 PM
    added curve 8520 to the list too..I've tried to update OS but with no help..I think it's a hardware problem.Maybe if someone could inform the company with the problem,they could find a solution
    01-04-14 04:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD