I have a Bold and for 2 weeks I have been browsing with WiFi. This weekend my WiFi disconnected and I haven't been able to turn it "ON" since. Can anyone help me get my WiFi connection back online.

Thanks,

Stephen P.
    11-03-08 04:00 PM
    Problem Fixed.
    11-04-08 09:33 AM
    Wanna share how you fixed it so that this thread is not entirely useless...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 09:34 AM
    Sorry. I took the battery out and and put it back in. WiFi came back on.
    Now I need to fix my syncing problem. PC won't detect my Bold. Arrgh!

Regards,

Stephen P.
    11-04-08 11:30 AM
    Did the battery pull also and it didn't come back on. Why?

11-05-08 08:38 PM
    I've had the same thing happen to mine. It's happened twice now. Any idea's why this might be happening? And how to prevent it from happening again?
    12-26-08 10:25 PM
    Some problem. It happened to me about a week ago and happened to fix itself. I thought it was somehow related to the myriad of problems my 'Berry was having as a result of the AT&T Midwest blackout, but now it's back. Taking the battery out fixed it now, which is probably what fixed it the first time. Any help on this problem? I really don't want to take the battery out every week when the Wi-Fi breaks.
    01-05-09 07:39 PM
    I've also had intermittent WiFi reception issues with my Bold. The Blackberry.com support forums have certain suggestions for fixing the problem without doing a complete battery removal reset. I hope it is a software problem that can be corrected by RIM, rather than a hardware quality control issue that we're stuck with.
    01-08-09 10:09 PM
    I pulled the battery and it came right back up.
    01-09-09 12:47 AM
    I have been having this same issue!

I use wifi at home and at work. The phone will connect fine the first time after a battery pull. Then when I move out of range, the wifi radio turns itself off.

Trying to reconnect from Manage Connections yields a failed result. No error or anything, just no wifi icon at all.

Pull the battery and it works again. That's ridiculous. I don't want to pull the battery at least twice a day just to get wifi.

I don't believe this is a router issue or anything to do with any piece of external hardware. I run a Siemens router at home and we run one D-link and one Belkin at work. I have also tried my spare Linksys. All are running fairly low intensity encryption for the sake of compatibility (iphones, multibrands of laptops, WRT-54G running DD-WRT/Tomato, other wifi phones, xbox etc etc etc), no MAC filtering...nothing.

Also, after the wifi has disconnected itself, I have tried to search for networks. I get a 'failed to initialise wifi device' type error (wording may not be spot on, but it's basically telling me that even the phone itself cannot connect the inbuilt wifi device!)

This is definitely some sort of hardware or firmware fault.

This is extremely frustrating as you can imagine and makes me want a Storm even more since the Bold doesn't seem the have the advantage of wifi.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Details:
    Device: 9000 Bold
    Network: Vodafone NZ
    Platform: 4.0.0.181
    PIN: 25636469
    01-10-09 06:10 PM
    go to application and choose manage connections click the box that says mobile network.
    05-03-09 07:17 AM
    This happened to me today. I noticed that my Bold wasn't connected to my WiFi network, so I went into manage Connections and saw that WiFi was unchecked with a red X next to it. Everytime I tried turning it on, it would turn right back off. Had to do a "QuickPull" twice to get it to come back. Once it came back online, I actually pulled the battery out for 30 seconds to see what would happen. Luckily it came back online with no problem. I'm running .266 software. Hopefully this won't start becoming a problem.
    05-06-09 07:56 AM
    I have read the comments about the WI-FI not working and needing a battery pull... That used to work and no longer does. When I hit scan for networks.... I get the message "Unable to turn WI-FI on". Battery pull idea does not work any longer... I too experienced the WI-FIi problem after the AT&T Midwest blackout, the battery pull idea worked for a while but no longer does... I went to the AT&T store and was told that it was a blackberry problem. I was told that blackberry will probably send an update. I have had this problem for a few weeks now. I loved the WI-FI feature as I am frequently in places where phone service is non-existent. Since the phone had an upgrade, I went back to the previous version.... Still no luck! Please help!
    01-11-10 04:18 PM
    This is what I get,one day it just stopped working after I installed .411 on my Bold have done everything to try & get it back..

01-13-10 10:14 AM
    This is exactly the same problem I have with my 8900

Can anyone help us solve this problem
    01-19-10 09:14 PM
    i also get this with my 8320 tmobile...
    01-19-10 09:33 PM
    my phone tells me that the radio on is currently off i must turn on the radio but i dont know how to turn on the radio... every time i check the status it says that "radio off"
    02-04-10 06:20 AM
    please help me so i can surf using my phone..... thank you
    02-04-10 06:22 AM
    This is what I get,one day it just stopped working after I installed .411 on my Bold have done everything to try & get it back..
    this is exactly what just happened to me.
    02-05-10 12:51 AM
    This had happened to me once before and a battery pull fixed it. Tonight, however, I unlocked the phone and afterward the wi-fi radio wouldn't come back. After three battery pulls it still wasn't working. I was in a bit of a panic. However after about ten minutes (as I was searching Crackberry), it finally let me check the box and connected fine. I have a Bold 9700 running 5.0.0.422.
    02-08-10 01:26 AM
    I'm also experiencing this issue. For past two weeks my I was unable to turn wifi on. Firstly i tought it is broken hardware - but I managed to turn on wifi two times during those two weeks. I could turn wifi on and of, but after restart it was unable to turn on.

Have hou maybe heard of any application which tries to turn wifi "forcefully" ? Or any event log reference - I have logs but can't understand them.
    02-08-10 04:00 AM
    Well guys I too was baffled by this. Found out that it was Pandora. Once I deleted it, wifi problem ceased. I hope this helps.

v5.0.0.442
    02-09-10 10:05 PM
    On my Tour, I just finished downloading the 5.0 update. Now I cannot turn on my radio after multiple battery pulls. Any suggestions anyone?
    02-18-10 09:18 PM
    On my Tour, I just finished downloading the 5.0 update. Now I cannot turn on my radio after multiple battery pulls. Any suggestions anyone?
    Seems to be a os 5 issue...I have a bold 9700 running .442 and had the same problem... No batt pull - here is wat fixed it - manage connections - turn all connections off, check wifi box and then choose the mobile network on and it started working again - hope this helps

Batt pull also fixes it though

02-20-10 12:14 PM
    I am having this problem now on my 9700, when I go to manage connections, ans select wifi, it will turn the check on for a split second then it turns itself off. I have tried a battery pull and the above suggestion of turning all connections off and then turning wifi on first. I'm thinking hardware now.
    06-21-10 09:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD