Hey guys, i have a question. I have ATT and a blackberry bold. When i connect to wifi it shows 3G in the top right and under it it also shows wifi. Does the WIFI override the 3G when i'm browsing the internet and stuff? Even though the phone shows both? I figured when id be on wifi the 3g logo would go away, guess not...
    08-28-10 11:43 PM
    For browsing, yes, WiFi overrides 3G. But since AT&T does not support UMA calling (as T-Mobile does), 3G is still present for calls.
    08-28-10 11:47 PM
    does the same go for facebook, bbm etc...?
    08-28-10 11:49 PM
    Hey guys, i have a question. I have ATT and a blackberry bold. When i connect to wifi it shows 3G in the top right and under it it also shows wifi. Does the WIFI override the 3G when i'm browsing the internet and stuff? Even though the phone shows both? I figured when id be on wifi the 3g logo would go away, guess not...
    Yes, when browing on the internet, you will be using WiFi...when using the native bb browser, press 'u' and at the top of the screen, you will see which connection you're currently using. Your homescreen shows both because both are available. When you roam away from the WiFi hotspot, 3G takes back over.
    08-28-10 11:51 PM
    does the same go for facebook, bbm etc...?
    I would assume so, but I do not use the facebook app or bbm, nor AT&T.

Maybe someone else can help answer that?
    08-28-10 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD