I have an 8900 and WIFI works perfect at work, however when I get home on my network it connects but when I try to browse it takes forever and disconnects from WIFI and goes on the Edge network?
    I have deleted the "home" connection and re installed and reset my wireless modum at home. Any ideas out there as to what the problem is at my house???
    06-18-09 10:38 AM
    Is the wifi signal icon whit or opaque? have you tried a battery pull on your phone?

The reason I ask is when I first got my phone it would do that and even though the icon was there it was opaque which means it was not really on, then I had to do a battery pull and it was resolved temporarily.

This would occur every day untill I upgraded the OS to 4.6.1.250
    06-18-09 10:42 AM
    yes WIFI icon is lit up. yes I have done battery pull. the icon goes out after I try to connect to browser and phone goes to edge network.
    06-18-09 10:57 AM
    I have similar on my Bold. At home, wifi connection has the symbol turning white in seconds, but at my girlfriends house the connection takes much much longer (minutes sometimes).

Given that your prob, like mine, differs from location to location, I would have my blackberry at the bottom of the troubleshooting list.

I would suggest that the problem is with the routers - mine at home is a Netgear, the GF uses an old DLink thingy. I've decided to live with it, though - easier than messing about!

Hope that this helps make you feel you're not alone...
    06-18-09 11:09 AM
    Do you have anything else to test with... laptop??? I just might be a problem with your connection provider... I just replaced my cable modem yesterday because it went bad.
    06-18-09 11:17 AM
    Mine did the same
    I figured it was with the router, so I turned the router off then turned it back on and it worked perfectly.
    06-18-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD