This is about wifi. I do not have bis nor bes activated. I am using an unlocked tmobile unit. I recently upgraded to .723 from .448, after following the os upgrade instructions from the forum. Since I only use wifi to access the internet, I got onto my home wifi to install some apps and realize I couldn't access the internet. After checking "set up wifi network|troubleshot" I realize that I didn't get assigned an ip address. Now realize I had been surfing quite fine with .448 before and no wifi setting on wifi router had changed. So I decided to install .706 using the same os upgrade instructions on the forum and I was able to get an ipaddress and surf quite fine. Quite weird eh!? Has anyone else experienced this? I'd appreciate some help if there a fix. At no time did I manipulate the service books when I was able surf nor when I was unable to surf. Thanks in advanced. Please help. I do want to use .723 as I have heard good things.
    03-17-12 07:22 PM
    Well there isn't a way to get the servicebooks back since you upgraded and then lost them. If wifi isn't working, you don't have the servicebooks for it, or your carrier is controlling that. Try going without the sim and see if wifi works then, if it does, then reinsert the sim. Try and see if it works. You might need to adjust some settings in the router.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 08:21 PM
    Why not pay for a BIS plan. That will solve your problem. It's not that expensive!
    03-17-12 09:17 PM
    Well there isn't a way to get the servicebooks back since you upgraded and then lost them. If wifi isn't working, you don't have the servicebooks for it, or your carrier is controlling that. Try going without the sim and see if wifi works then, if it does, then reinsert the sim. Try and see if it works. You might need to adjust some settings in the router.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    Well, under .448 and .706 I was able to receive an ip address and surf. As soon as I installed .723 and went straight to connect to the wifi, I was not able to to get an ip address and unable to surf. A user 'bilal811' a member on this forum, also experienced this problem after he installed to .723. He was able to surf using .668 and .706. Using .723 he's unable to surf. His post "CrackBerry Newbie: bilal811
    at:04:11 AM 01-30-2012
    i have currently using .668 , i upgraded to .706 and switched back and now installed .723 and again switched back the problem is i cant browse through wifi after updating both the versions however its fine in .668 , i also wiped it and clean install both the os.. but still the same issue, is anyone having the same issue or can help me what the problem might be? i am not currently on BIS just having my regular data plan..."
    Last edited by donyouth; 03-18-12 at 12:07 PM.
    03-18-12 12:04 PM
    Stay with 668 then if it works for you. It's the best OS6 anyway.
    03-19-12 04:10 AM
    Only way to get the servicebooks is to pay for a blackberry data plan. Simple as that.
    03-19-12 08:40 PM
    Only way to get the servicebooks is to pay for a blackberry data plan. Simple as that.
    I am upgrading it to .723 also and have had same problem. Yes i am on BIS data plan. the problem is low coverage at my residency so could not get stabil 3G coverage, thus make my BIS slow.. Normally i attach to my house wifi router to surf and communicate with my BB but with 723 its not posible. whenever i am attach to wifi, all communication halted.

Then i figure out i can attach to my neighbour wifi and communicate as usual..

My question is .. is there any special setup to wifi router to make my wifi router & my BB works? any expert advise?
    03-26-12 10:50 AM
    I would suggest downgrading to a earlier release such as .666, 668 or .7xx before .723 when your wifi on the router worked.

I am upgrading it to .723 also and have had same problem. Yes i am on BIS data plan. the problem is low coverage at my residency so could not get stabil 3G coverage, thus make my BIS slow.. Normally i attach to my house wifi router to surf and communicate with my BB but with 723 its not posible. whenever i am attach to wifi, all communication halted.

Then i figure out i can attach to my neighbour wifi and communicate as usual..

My question is .. is there any special setup to wifi router to make my wifi router & my BB works? any expert advise?
    03-26-12 10:53 AM
    agreed.... i am still on .668 and its working fine with wifi, still cant access internet through wifi in .706 or .723
    03-30-12 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD