Anyone else's WiFi acting weird? I had mine working beautifully when I got the phone Friday and all weekend. Now I am on the verge of returning it because the WiFi isn't working properly. Multiple battery pulls and deleting the connection have not fixed it. Any suggestions?
    11-02-09 07:36 PM
    Check the flux capacitor.
    11-02-09 07:37 PM
    Try resending your service books..What exactly is the problem? You can't connect? Grey or White WiFi logo?
    11-02-09 07:37 PM
    A WiFi question. If I get this right, you can use the WiFi in areas that it is available and 3g is not. If you want to use WiFi instead of 3g, there is no data charge from verizon?
    11-02-09 07:43 PM
    A WiFi question. If I get this right, you can use the WiFi in areas that it is available and 3g is not. If you want to use WiFi instead of 3g, there is no data charge from verizon?
    Correct. In fact, you can turn off your network and just keep WiFi on. But you will not get your texts/calls over WiFi. Which reminds me..where is Skype?
    11-02-09 07:46 PM
    Correct. In fact, you can turn off your network and just keep WiFi on. But you will not get your texts/calls over WiFi. Which reminds me..where is Skype?
    Thanks a lot. Always love the quick answers I get from the Crackberry gurus!
    11-02-09 08:13 PM
    Mine keeps going white to grey and back and forth. It's just getting really irritating. I've tried everything. I think it finally steady, but that was really frustrating.
    11-02-09 09:24 PM
    Mine keeps going white to grey and back and forth. It's just getting really irritating. I've tried everything. I think it finally steady, but that was really frustrating.
    Mine is the same. White logo for a while then ill check and it'll be back to grey. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:46 PM
    Just a note about turning off network coverage and using just wifi... BB messenger will continue to work and will use wifi... I was surfing on just wifi last night and carrying on a conversation with a friend on bbm. Neat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:55 PM
    Go here and answer the questions and READ the note at the top.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wi...cklist-353457/

A grey logo can still mean working wifi. A white logo just means connected to BIS or BES for email and BBM.

If you are still having problems, then post.
    11-02-09 10:00 PM
    Go here and answer the questions and READ the note at the top.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wi...cklist-353457/

A grey logo can still mean working wifi. A white logo just means connected to BIS or BES for email and BBM.

If you are still having problems, then post.
    I read your list. Very comprehensive. Lots of questions, no answers. Here is my situation:

Just replaced my S1 with a S2 yesterday. It is running OS v5.0.0.320. I was excited about WiFi so tried to set it up without success. BTW, there is no - next to WiFi in Manage Connections.

Router Info: Linksys Model WRT160N V2
    Wireless MAC Filtering - disabled
    Wireless Security: WPA2 Personal
    Encryption: TKIP or AES

In the Basic Wireless Settings, Wireless Configuration is set to "WiFi Protected Setup". Below that there are two choices, both of which I have tried without a successful connection.

1. If your client device has a WiFi Protected button, click or press that button, and then click the button on the right (there is a button to the right of this messge)

2. If your client device has a WiFi Protected Setup PIN number, enter that number here [there is a box here for the number] and then click Register.

I was very careful about entering the PIN number created by the phone but it would not connect.

What am I missing?
    03-26-10 09:15 AM
    If you use a key just select the "Manually Add Network" option in the WIFI setup on your phone and enter your network name and key.
    03-26-10 10:22 AM
    If you use a key just select the "Manually Add Network" option in the WIFI setup on your phone and enter your network name and key.
    I selected Manual and put in my SSID and clicked Next which took me to the Wi-Fi Security page. When I selected the Security type I had the following choices:
    No Security
    WEP
    PSK
    PEAP
    LEAP
    EAP-TLS
    EAP-FAST
    EAP-TTLS

My Security, as listed above, is WPA2 which is not on the list so I selected WEP. It then asked for my WEP Key, with the instructions: "In the field above type the WEP Key using 10 or 26 hexadecimal (0-9, A-F) digits, or 5 or 13 characters". My Key is 10 alphanumeric digits but none of the letters are in the A-F range. Nevertheless I put them in since I had nothing else. Of course it rejected it. Obviously something is wrong. What might it be?
    03-26-10 11:43 AM
    Try using PSK and enter your credentials.
    03-26-10 01:17 PM
    Try using PSK and enter your credentials.
    Thanks, that worked, although I don't know why. That just leaves me with questions about two other things.

1. I now have the white hyphen at the end of the line for Wi-Fi in Manage Connections. I read in a post from TheHeartlessHero that this means I cannot use Wi-Fi for BIS or BES and so "will be unable to receive email or blackberry messenger messages". Would this then apply to all types of email? I know I am not using BES, but not sure if I am using Blackberry Internet Services since I don't know what all it incompasses. If BIS means I am using an email address that ends in blackberry.com, the answer is no.

While I was typing this I got an email even though I am connected to Wi-Fi, so this inceases my confusion

2. (I have seen two conflicting answers this) Does the S2 only use Wi-Fi if there is no 3G coverage, making it necessary to turn off Verizon if I am in a 3G coverage area if I want Wi-Fi?

Sorry about all the questions. I thought I knew quite a bit about the Storm, but it appears that is not the case.
    03-26-10 01:50 PM
    You should have the green checkmark if your wifi is setup correctly and is on. It may take a minute or so once you select it before it switched from the white line to the green checkmark. If it doesn't restart your router and see if anything changes. If you don't turn off your mobile connections (radio) you will still receive your emails,messages, etc. Doesn't matter if you have wifi on or off. For the wifi/3g question a lot of info on here including here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=421082
    03-26-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD