I finally got this great phone (because of a previous post on the forums.. thanks guys) and its worked pretty much perfect... except for one big thing, the wifi stops working after a while.

I played around with the phone loading apps and importing data from my pearl and the wi fi was working great, then all the sudden the wifi logo went grey and none of the apps were able to connect to the internet. However the ssid was displayed as connected but the phone could not get the ip address.

So i gave up after what seemed like hours and reset the phone to factory settings. Worked great... later that night i connected to my house wifi signal again and after about an hour or two of browsing, the same thing happened. I pulled out the battery in hopes that it would cure it..... it worked, but im pretty sure it will happen again.

It appears to a be an OS problem... is there any fix? Anyone having the same problem
    05-12-09 03:17 AM
    Did you reset your home router??? Unplug it for about 20 seconds, then plug it back in... sometimes the routers need a reset.
    05-12-09 06:38 AM
    What os version are you running, I purchased the phone a couple of weeks ago (Rogers) and had the same issue. I upgraded to os .231 and it has fixed the problem for me.
    05-12-09 11:00 AM
    Its not the router... and i am running v4.6.1.94

Is there a newer version?
    05-12-09 05:53 PM
    Its been happening all the time now, sometimes it works perfect for an hour or two, then it will just. disconnect and go to the edge network. The only way i get it going again with a battery pull, which is temporary. Should i take it back to the store for an exchange?
    05-12-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD