Is this possible on Blackberry.

There's an Iphone app that allows you to setup a tunnel using wifi through your router to another computer on the same network.

I can't remember exactly, but we used an IP address of something like

http://192.168.1.6:8080

the :8080 string the connection to the iphone I assume.

Does the 8900 have an IP address when connected to wifi?
    05-21-09 09:44 PM
    Is this possible on Blackberry.

There's an Iphone app that allows you to setup a tunnel using wifi through your router to another computer on the same network.

I can't remember exactly, but we used an IP address of something like

http://192.168.1.6:8080

the :8080 string the connection to the iphone I assume.

Does the 8900 have an IP address when connected to wifi?
    Yes, the 8900 does pull an IP address when connected to Wi-Fi.
    05-21-09 09:52 PM
    mine is on 192.168.1.100

i know that my computers and ps3 are set on a floating ip. and my router has ip address fom 100-150 so i bet it's just a floating ip. you could set it as a set ip.

when you are connected click
    Manage Connections > Wi-Fi Options > BB button on connected wi-fi > Wi-fi tools > Ping
    you should see your ip address

i know you can connect to it using setting from your computer (because that's the way I've done it) but i'm not sure how to do it, or even if you can, from the blackberry side
    05-21-09 09:56 PM
    How do you do it from your computer. I hate using Bluetooth and think the IP way should be faster.
    05-21-09 10:00 PM
    using windows, just go to your network settings and if your bb is connected it should be listed. click on it and change the settings to allow it to share between each other. likely, you will have to change settings on your router to do this as well. if you google this process you'll find a lot of information on it and how people have connected different hardware. keep in mind, there is no ONE way to do this, and you may have to try several times and after much frustration you may get it. mine worked straight away but i have changed several settings already. It took me several hours googling different forums and tech websites to get my ps3 to connect to my computer - so a lot of those settings were probably already correct when i tried to connect my bb. just take your time and play with it.

and trust me, go to google and do some searches... you aren't the first person to not know how to do this.
    05-22-09 10:48 AM
    What keywords should I search?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:02 AM
    "how do you connect two computers through a wireless home network using a router"

you don't need keywords, just write out a question. once you read two or three articles you'll be able to figure out what to search for more accurately.

also, don't be scared about attempting to do this. just dive into it and go for it. you can't hurt anything.
    05-22-09 03:23 PM
    Well clearly this isn't as easy as setting up a simple LAN, so hopefully if I add some more details I can get some better help.

BB8900 is on my network with IP 192.168.1.5
    Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1

I have a macbook with latest OS and can't see the BB device to save my life. I have attempted to browse to the IP address, but was unable to connect using both \\192.168.1.5 and 192.168.1.5. I've also tried connecting to \\192.168.1.5:8080 and 192.168.1.5:8080 with no success. My ultimate objective is to be able to access the data on the blackberry as well as the memory card that is inserted.

My google searches have only brought me to setting up the Wifi (which a monkey could do), setting up on BES (not interested), tethering with Bluetooth for dialup (done), and other nonsense.

This has to be possible and I know someone out there knows how to do it. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    05-22-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD