My phone connects just fine to my router, and I can browse the Internet, but it isn't connecting to the RIM server, so the WiFi symbol is 'gray' instead of white and I'm not getting any emails, BBM, calendar updates, etc.

Frustrating because I don't have cell service. Anyone else having the same Issue?
    01-24-11 11:44 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? You will not have the proper service books to connect to RIM's servers without one.

You mentioned that you "do not have cell service". Does that mean you are in an area with no coverage, or that you just have a 9000 but are not subscribing to a voice/data plan through a carrier?
    01-24-11 12:06 PM
    Yes, I have a BIS plan (have for about 4 years now). I bought my Bold 9000 brand new when it came out.

I am not in a coverage area.
    01-24-11 12:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem, but mine is white, connected, but when I turn off mobile network, it won't browse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 12:25 PM
    That actually sounds like a different problem than mine, as I can still connect to the Internet, but just not the RIM server.

I just figured out the problem - I had to take out the SIM card and wipe it off with a cotton cloth. I had removed it without wiping it off and that didn't fix it, wiping it off made it work.
    01-24-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD