If you had your choice-- everything else being equal-- would you pick a phone with or without WIFI???

My thought right now is with WIFI, right? so for those times you're within a network range you can use it without going over your data plan minutes or limits or whatever ..

Am I not getting this??
    09-19-08 12:38 PM
    If I'd had the choice I would have gotten WiFi over GPS. Unfortunately my carrier only has the 8330 and not the 8320. I have GPS in the truck so I have no need for it on my BB. But I could use WiFi all kinds of places...including at home where I don't get the best receprion.
    09-19-08 12:46 PM
    That is exactly what I'm thinking. Hmm wondering if I should wait for Bold or Storm or stick with Curve??

I'm on Verizon but am willing to switch for the RIGHT phone
    09-19-08 12:49 PM
    I had a WiFi enabled Windows Mobile device previous when I was on Verizon and very rarely used the WiFi. The battery drain was substainally more than EVDO and I rarely had trouble finding an EVDO (or at least 1xRTT) signal. I love having the GPS in my device and use that regularly.
    09-19-08 01:17 PM
    I would go for wifi. I only need GPS when driving, Garmin works fine for me. Why can't they put both wifi and gps into the same phone?
    09-19-08 01:26 PM
    I have the curve with wifi and i couldnt live without it. It is so much faster then edge or gprs. And i dont care really about gps because i have it in my car.
    09-19-08 01:45 PM
    Wifi is so important to me, I have two.

Wifi in BlackBerry is intended to support Unlicenced Mobile Access (UMA). I use my existing internet connection to insure quality of service in my fringe location. Getting one bar is normal, and occasionaly, I can not even get that.

UMA is there as long as my ISP is working.
    09-19-08 03:05 PM
    WIFI for me as well.
    09-19-08 10:27 PM
    I would take WIFI, because I use the GPS in my SUV when I travel.
    09-20-08 01:58 AM
    I would love to have WIFI. I like surfing on my BB when I'm home, and it would be nice to do it on my home network since it's faster.

Does the Storm have WIFI? I didn't see it as a feature.
    09-20-08 07:53 AM
    Ill say GPS only because this is my first BB and I dont know what its like to have wifi.
    09-23-08 06:57 PM
    Both! *evil cackling*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 07:02 PM
    ha ha..sarcasm detector!!

Ok, don't know if I'm thread hijacking here..but here goes:

I always have edge - I can access the internet everywhere with it. I rarely have wifi - how do you access wifi when you're away from home? Newbie here..use laymen's terms.
    09-23-08 07:40 PM
    All I know is that Wifi is so much faster than EDGE on my Pearl. I almost don't want to use my browser when I don't have Wifi access on my phone, cause EDGE is soooooo sloooooooooww.

Couldn't give a darn about GPS, because I have a GPS unit in my car already.
    09-23-08 07:52 PM
    Honestly, I'd like both wifi and gps.

If I had to choose, I'd pick wifi, since I already have a stand alone GPS. Wifi would be nice for the internet and email when roaming and I don't want charges for data outside the home network. Wifi is particularly handy since many hotels and resturants, etc offer wifi hotspots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 07:57 PM
    If I had to pick, GPS for me. EDGE is plenty fast.
    09-23-08 08:39 PM
    Wifi for me - I already have a GPS
    09-24-08 09:42 AM
    Yeah I like WIFI too... I already have GPS in my car so I don't need it on my phone and like Sandman said I'd like to surf free in hotels,restaurants, coffee shops etc. Again- looks like I'm getting a BOLD then...
    09-24-08 10:27 AM
    I have a personal story to share concerning Wifi.

I was playing league pool last night when my buddy asked if I had heard the score for the Dallas Cowboys game. No problem, I will look it up.

Then he asked me if I was "stealing service" from the pub? No, part of my package.

However, this is a common perception when you are using Wifi.

I always have edge - I can access the internet everywhere with it. I rarely have wifi - how do you access wifi when you're away from home? Newbie here..use laymen's terms.
    Wifi at home and in the Office is common place, but a lot of business establishments offer Wifi to attract customers. Coffee shops, restaurants and pubs and Hotels are frequently Wifi enabled.

It is not stealing, as long as you are using it with the owners knowledge and permission.
    09-24-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD