Hello friends, I'm from India. I'm a newbie to crackberry forums. I'm a blackberry fan and i've a Playbook. I just love it, so much. Really. I dont compare it to iPad or anything like that. I think, every device is special in one way or the other. But if i were to choose any one between an iPad or Playbook, i would pick playbook without any second though. Yes, I love it that much. While going through an article, (the changes made in Playbook OS 2.1), i noticed one important thing. Yeah, to me its very important. It was mentioned- ''Wifi is no longer mandatory during initial set up''. What does it mean? Does it mean, i can set up playbook without connecting to wifi?? If it is true, i'll be very happy. Becoz, there is no wifi hotspot around in my city. Its a small town. I use playbook particularly for web browsing by tethering it to my smartphone. My playbook browser sometimes crashes. I was told by RIM customer support to do 'FORCE REINSTALL'. I can do it through Desktop manager. But then the initial set up. That is the problem to me. Friends, do reply me with convincing answers. But the question is, how can we complete the initial set up without wifi? By the way, this is my first post.
    08-24-12 09:23 AM
    When you purchase a PB the first thing it does is connect to wifi & update to the latest OS. Where B4 this update was manditory, with the release of the 4G PB you have the option of updating later.

This means that PB's that come from the store with OS 2.0.668 & higher will not require you to use wifi on initial setup.....except for 4G PlayBooks, there are not many that will have the latest firmware already installed.....You may have to wait a while B4 they make their way to the store.

Hope this helps, & Welcome to CB
    08-24-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD