I'm sure this has been addressed but I can't find it.

I have an AT&T 8320 curve with wifi. I was in a situation where I needed a new phone now but couldnt really afford to upgrade my plan to add data for another 6 months or so (maternity leave)

So is there a way to hop on the internet using the wifi at home or a wifi hotspot until I'm able to get the data plan in a few months? It goes through the motions of getting on the wifi....detects it an all but then the browser wont open. I've tried this at a few locations so I think the problem is in the phone rather than the hot spot.
    08-06-09 08:53 AM
    I think it's possible, you might have to change a few settings. Do a search, I have seen this question before.
    08-06-09 09:37 AM
    It is quite practical to use your Curve with Wifi service.

The first step is the connection to the Wifi network.

Connections / Wifi Option. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

If you have connected correctly, you should see a status: Network Acquired.

Second, set your default Browser to Hotspot.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Highlight the field, press the trackball and select Hotspot Browser.

Open the Browser, it should now connect correctly.

You will not be able to receive BlackBerry Email or use the messengers, but you can use web base email from your Browser.

I had excellent results using Google Gmail with iGoogle set to Home Page. Opening the Browser forces a refresh and brings up the new mail.
    08-06-09 09:45 AM
    OK I've followed all the instructions I can find and it still wont get on

Is there something that ATT has done to it to keep it from getting on wifi?
    It is not able to acquire the IP address for any connection I've attempted to get on.
    08-06-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD