I got my bold a few weeks ago, and at first I didn't really care about the WiFi, but since the Digicel (carrier) EDGE network SUCKS (No 3G in Panama. FML.)
    But anyways, after a while I started using WIFI at home and then turning it off every time I went out to save battery, and here's the weird part: Apparently it takes a while to notice it's not under WIFI anymore, so it kind of stops working for like half an hour unless I reset it. I mean, isn't it supposed to automatically switch between WIFI/mobile network when the WIFI network isn't in range anymore?

In those times when the mobile network refuses to work (even though I have full bars) I /am/ connected to the mobile network, it just doesn't work. I know I am because I try the advanced options > host routing table thingy and I get the registration message saying I am.

Plus, whenever I am somewhere with no signal I obviously get the SOS thingy, but when I'm not in an off-signal area, it doesn't go back to normal, like, it doesn't detect the signal unless I turn the mobile network off and then back on using the connection manager check marks thing.

Anyways. It's frustrating! Help?

I'm on v4.6.0.126
    06-29-09 10:29 PM
    ? Ugh can someone help please? IT'S REALLY ANNOYING =/
    06-30-09 06:05 AM
    Upgrade to the latest OS.
    06-30-09 07:00 AM
    Upgrade to the latest OS.
    How exactly do I do that?
    Sorry for the n00bness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 09:18 AM
    Leave wifi on, it doesn't really use any battery since it goes into receive mode. Then do a battery pull.

If you really want to upgrade, go to the site in my sig. Proper upgrade link is under Articles, and the OS's are under Hosted Files.
    06-30-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD