Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Wifi media sync problem

I just switched from the iPhone 3G to the BB Torch and so far love it, its not as fancy as the iPhone 4, but its still an awsome phone. Anyway I initially was able to do the WIFI Media Sync after downloading and installing the BB app for my CPU, it worked great, but now for some reason it will not connect to my CPU and sync my music anymore. I have tried all of the the trouble shooting steps provided in the help section.
    + I am connected to the wifi network, on both the phone and CPU
    + I have ports 4481 and 4482 open and enabled
    + I have ran the desktop software and turned on the WIFI Sync
    + I have checked my firewall for blockage, and allowed all BB apps
    + I have restarted both the CPU and the Phone
    + I have Turned WIFI on and off on the phone and reset the router

Anyone else having this problem, it just keeps saying connect the USB Cable and turn on WIFI Sync in the tools menu, I do and it does nothing. I am able to sync via the USB Cable, but not able to connect via WIFI anymore. If anyone has any answers or is having a similuar problem please let me know.

Preston
    BB Torch on ATT network
    El Paso, TX
    Last edited by kc5laf; 08-22-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: grammer
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Ok, now for some reason its working, the only differance that I saw was when I selected "yes keep wifi sync on" (for the 400th time) it gave me a windows vista popup box that asked me to allow the app to run, then walla, it worked, so I dont know if its an OS problem, a BB Desktop App problem, or both having a problem with Vista.
    Preston
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Verizon Network
    El Paso, TX (Currently Afghanistan)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    289f916b

i have the same problem too i did everything and nothing is happen. for you where do you see where to select to keep wifi sync on. i really need to work. i would love to try this out because i am hearing everyone talking about it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

You might try running the desktop manager as an administrator, then go to tools in the top left corner and select WIFI music Sync, click on it then select to turn on the wifi sync , if it ask you for permission to run (like vista always does) select continue. Run the program, unplug from computer and try to run from the media player
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kc5laf; 08-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    CrackBerry User

same problem here, can get it working after i plug it back in and say "yes" to keeping wifi sync on..

once i download a few songs over wifi and turn off the pc, the connection dies and i have to plug it into usb again
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

yeah, it worked for about an hour again for me, now its doing the same thing, probably a OS glitch, hopefully they will address it in the next month or so
    Preston
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Verizon Network
    El Paso, TX (Currently Afghanistan)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    289f916b

i am still not able to get in running even thought i followed the instruction to run it as adminstrator. i would really love to use this feature. i hope rim fix this soon as possible
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    289f916b

can some help me please getting this feature up on my phone i have followed the setup and still no luck, all i am getting is that is keeps looking for desktop and connect to home network. can some one post a video or say what they did to get the wifi media sync to work. thanx have a great day everyone
    CrackBerry User

I'm having the exact same issue, and I have tried EVERYTHING. Running Desktop as administrator, making sure the ports are open, even disabling the firewall. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop software and the wifi sync on the device. I have confirmed I am connected to the home network, the router home page shows everything connected.

All I get is the constant "connect to home network" and "looking for desktop".

I've been messing with this for hours, and until something is fixed, it's a lot easier to connect the cable.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kc5laf View Post
    I just switched from the iPhone 3G to the BB Torch and so far love it, its not as fancy as the iPhone 4, but its still an awsome phone. Anyway I initially was able to do the WIFI Media Sync after downloading and installing the BB app for my CPU, it worked great, but now for some reason it will not connect to my CPU and sync my music anymore. I have tried all of the the trouble shooting steps provided in the help section.
    + I am connected to the wifi network, on both the phone and CPU
    + I have ports 4481 and 4482 open and enabled
    + I have ran the desktop software and turned on the WIFI Sync
    + I have checked my firewall for blockage, and allowed all BB apps
    + I have restarted both the CPU and the Phone
    + I have Turned WIFI on and off on the phone and reset the router

Anyone else having this problem, it just keeps saying connect the USB Cable and turn on WIFI Sync in the tools menu, I do and it does nothing. I am able to sync via the USB Cable, but not able to connect via WIFI anymore. If anyone has any answers or is having a similuar problem please let me know.

Preston
    BB Torch on ATT network
    El Paso, TX

Pmac,

This is the fix that worked for me. It has nothing to do with the firewall or router ports.

1) Connect your BB to your laptop
    2) Fire up Desktop s/w
    3) Disable Wi-Fi Musix Sync by clicking the button below and selecting the proper option.
    4) Disconnect device from laptop
    5) Reconnect device to laptop but this time choose the option to use the BB as a USB drive
    6) go to options on your BB, then security, and disable all encryption. (if you have it turned on)
    7) Windows explorer should open on the laptop with the BB files on the SD card
    8) Go to folder options in Windows and make sure you select Show hidden files.
    9) You should see a hidden folder on your SD card under Blackberry called system. Delete it.
    10) Unplug your BB from the laptop, and replug it.
    11) go back to the Desktop software and re-enable wi-fi music sync
    12) Keep the USB cable plugged until the desktop manager syncs the music file system structure (there should be a message on the button telling you to wait and not disconnect the BB).
    13) when done, disconnect the BB and voila... it should work. You should be able to see all your home music greyed out and download as needed.
    14) you can re-enable encryption and it should keep working (not tested yet)

and btw, now you can stream music from your laptop without having to download the songs over WI-FI which is super cool

hope this helps.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mypearl1 View Post
    Pmac,

This is the fix that worked for me. It has nothing to do with the firewall or router ports.

1) Connect your BB to your laptop
    2) Fire up Desktop s/w
    3) Disable Wi-Fi Musix Sync by clicking the button below and selecting the proper option.
    4) Disconnect device from laptop
    5) Reconnect device to laptop but this time choose the option to use the BB as a USB drive
    6) go to options on your BB, then security, and disable all encryption. (if you have it turned on)
    7) Windows explorer should open on the laptop with the BB files on the SD card
    8) Go to folder options in Windows and make sure you select Show hidden files.
    9) You should see a hidden folder on your SD card under Blackberry called system. Delete it.
    10) Unplug your BB from the laptop, and replug it.
    11) go back to the Desktop software and re-enable wi-fi music sync
    12) Keep the USB cable plugged until the desktop manager syncs the music file system structure (there should be a message on the button telling you to wait and not disconnect the BB).
    13) when done, disconnect the BB and voila... it should work. You should be able to see all your home music greyed out and download as needed.
    14) you can re-enable encryption and it should keep working (not tested yet)

and btw, now you can stream music from your laptop without having to download the songs over WI-FI which is super cool

hope this helps.
    Has anyone used the above fix? I'm surprised that after all this time no one has posted a comment.

Beemer