I've never had this problem before, but I'm starting to really get annoyed.

My school wifi doesn't work very well with my BB, so I usually just keep wifi off completely. Wifi in my room works fine. So this morning, when I left I turned wifi off and now for some reason the wifi just randomly turns itself on and asks to connect or connects randomly to my school's network.

Should I try a reboot? Could I possibly have hit some wierd option that toggles wifi on and off?

I'm both confused and annoyed. Has anyone else experienced this?
    03-13-12 11:08 AM
    Do you have Fixmo installed?

JB
    SaMaster14, lildarral and Clinto like this.
    03-13-12 11:17 AM
    First thing to do when a BB acts wonky is to pull the battery for a minute. Do that with the BB *on*.
    03-13-12 11:25 AM
    Try disabling the schools wifi connection in options and see if that works.
    03-13-12 11:26 AM
    I've never had this problem before, but I'm starting to really get annoyed.

My school wifi doesn't work very well with my BB, so I usually just keep wifi off completely. Wifi in my room works fine. So this morning, when I left I turned wifi off and now for some reason the wifi just randomly turns itself on and asks to connect or connects randomly to my school's network.

Should I try a reboot? Could I possibly have hit some wierd option that toggles wifi on and off?

I'm both confused and annoyed. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes this member has:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sabled-708751/

Also if you recently installed Fixmo Tools make sure the "Conserve Wifi" tool is disabled. Thats your culprit.
    SaMaster14, pkcable and Clinto like this.
    03-13-12 11:26 AM
    Yes, I did just install Fixmo, because of the free offer.

I will go in and turn off "conserve wifi"

Thanks guys!
    03-13-12 11:30 AM
    Glad I found this thread, I've been having the same problem & it drains my battery because it doesn't actually connect. Fixmo was the culprit in my case but I've had Fixmo for a long time & that hasn't happened before.
    03-26-12 12:28 PM
    Glad I found this thread, I've been having the same problem & it drains my battery because it doesn't actually connect. Fixmo was the culprit in my case but I've had Fixmo for a long time & that hasn't happened before.
    You can go into Conserve Wi-Fi, highlight the network that you don't want it turning on to and "delete network" via the BB key. That way you don't have to get rid of the function entirely. Your BB's Wi-Fi will still turn on and off automatically for those networks you keep listed. It saves me on my battery vs. using my data.

Keep in mind that, with Fixmo, whenever you turn on Wi-Fi the network you are able to access will list automatically in the app using the cell tower location.
    03-26-12 05:00 PM
    Wow..."Fixmo", apps for those who have no clue.

How exactly do you all think it works?

You think it doesn't sit there and eat battery when it's not connected???

It "conserves WiFi" bandwidth - Whooooopie!!!

WiFi is free for most people, but this moronic app eats battery instead...wtf exactly is the point for having this idiotic app installed, because it came on a free offer, or is it just to create more useless threads around here???

Do you think it offers more device security than not having it on your BB, the saftest and most secure mobile device in the world?

What a dumb app...for idiots.

To all who installed the app - you got what you deserved.
    03-26-12 06:42 PM
    Wow..."Fixmo", apps for those who have no clue.

How exactly do you all think it works?

You think it doesn't sit there and eat battery when it's not connected???

It "conserves WiFi" bandwidth - Whooooopie!!!

WiFi is free for most people, but this moronic app eats battery instead...wtf exactly is the point for having this idiotic app installed, because it came on a free offer, or is it just to create more useless threads around here???

Do you think it offers more device security than not having it on your BB, the saftest and most secure mobile device in the world?

What a dumb app...for idiots.

To all who installed the app - you got what you deserved.
    Bad day? ...........
    03-26-12 07:27 PM
    Not at all - people should actually think before loading apps. I particularly liked the one who said "because it was free". User got what they paid for and came here to cry about his issue - and create useless threads. His issue was caused by him not thinking.
    03-26-12 08:40 PM
    wifi is NOT free for most people & i did think before buying Fixmo, hard to do without some of the other functions, just had to disable that idiotic function
    04-08-12 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD