My storm 2 is coming in the mail today. I have been reading about the wifi issues. What do I have to do if it happens to me because some people said "rim fixed it already" Will I need to do something so I make sure it works? Please let me know.
    10-30-09 10:01 AM
    you should not have to do anything but set up your phone correctly on both wifi and BIS sights. Make you you have both your pin and MEID HEX entered. i dont think bbm will work over wifi though.
    10-30-09 10:04 AM
    Okay so I just need to enter my info on the blackberry internet service site?
    10-30-09 10:06 AM
    Mine worked right away. Thanks.
    10-30-09 04:14 PM
    Just got mine, just activated. Gray WiFi icon, a white - instead of a green tick mark. Guess I'll go check the other threads.
    10-30-09 04:21 PM
    Just got mine, just activated. Gray WiFi icon, a white - instead of a green tick mark. Guess I'll go check the other threads.
    It doesn't go white immediately. You are connected to your access point and can browse the net on your hotspot browser right? If so re-register your HRT and do a *228. It should go white.
    10-30-09 04:25 PM
    I apparently didn't wait long enough. Just about 10 minutes passed and it went white with green check. Now to disable 75% of the time I don't need it.

Way off topic but with all the breakthroughs in technology, where are the fantastic breakthroughs in battery technology? At least the next GPS chipset will be a much lower power eater designed for mobile access while systems are off.
    10-30-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD