Is there a way to get the Wifi on my 8900 to work if it is not connected to the service provider at all? I am in the army and got stationed in korea a few months ago and would like to just use my blackberry for all my e-,ails but cant get it to work.

Any Help???
    03-23-10 06:25 AM
    Is there a way to get the Wifi on my 8900 to work if it is not connected to the service provider at all? I am in the army and got stationed in korea a few months ago and would like to just use my blackberry for all my e-,ails but cant get it to work.

Any Help???
    you need a data plan
    03-23-10 07:26 AM
    as long as you are in wifi range, you can use the wifi for your internet browsing. you will not be able to set up an e-mail account through blackberry. you need a data plan for that. but if you have a gmail account or yahoo or hotmail, you can just go to gmail.com or whatever the site is and check your emails that way.

you need to change the browser configuration to hotspot browser:

browser/bb button/options/browser configuration/change browser to hotspot browser

you might as well do the same under general properties. change the default browser to hotspot browser
    03-23-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD