I have a BlackBerry Curve 9330. It's no longer used on our plan ( it has no service) but I would really like it for emails. First of all when I scan for networks mine wont come up. I know my network is working because my iphone and laptops and xbox is on it fine. When I manually set up the wifi and put my password in and all that, it says connecting..... then BOOM! the message that pisses me off comes up! It says "Failed to authenticate against the network". Someone please help me! It will be greatly appreciated. by the way i have sprint
    12-28-12 11:42 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Curve 9330. It's no longer used on our plan ( it has no service) but I would really like it for emails. First of all when I scan for networks mine wont come up. I know my network is working because my iphone and laptops and xbox is on it fine. When I manually set up the wifi and put my password in and all that, it says connecting..... then BOOM! the message that pisses me off comes up! It says "Failed to authenticate against the network". Someone please help me! It will be greatly appreciated. by the way i have sprint
    Pull the battery, wait 20 seconds, reinstall, and see if it will authenticate after it reboots.
    12-28-12 11:45 PM
    As far as emails go, you would need to access your email account via the browser, as emails are serviced via BIS, and since your device is no longer active, mail will not be pushed to the phone.
    southlander likes this.
    12-28-12 11:47 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I just did what you told me too and now it says im connected but when I go to the browser it says unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider". I have also unchecked mobile network box. But wifi box is checked and shows im connected.. Really frustrating.
    12-28-12 11:56 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I just did what you told me too and now it says im connected but when I go to the browser it says unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider". I have also unchecked mobile network box. But wifi box is checked and shows im connected.. Really frustrating.
    Odd, as my old Style browses fine on Wi-Fi. I know some folks who've had to reboot their routers from time to time because an error would not allow internerlt connection, but if the other stuff is working fine, hmm.
    12-29-12 12:05 AM
    Thanks for your help. I guess I will keep trying different things.

Odd, as my old Style browses fine on Wi-Fi. I know some folks who've had to reboot their routers from time to time because an error would not allow internerlt connection, but if the other stuff is working fine, hmm.
    12-29-12 12:09 AM
    Native BB browser requires an active BIS account so it wouldn't work via wifi only. You will need 3rd party apps to accomplish wifi only browsing and email management.
    12-29-12 03:24 PM
    Native BB browser requires an active BIS account so it wouldn't work via wifi only. You will need 3rd party apps to accomplish wifi only browsing and email management.
    Try Opera Mini. It is pretty good.
    12-29-12 03:51 PM