I want to use our university's WiFi, which uses WPA. However, there's on option in BB8900. Actually, the security types in BB8900 as follows:
    -WEP
    -PSK
    -PEAP
    -LEAP
    -EAP-TLS
    -EAP-FAST
    -EAP-TTLS
    -EAP-SIM

Meanwhile, the necessary settings for wifi service in our university as follows,
    sMobileNet Settings Setting Values
    SSID sMobileNet
    Authentication WPA
    Data Encryption TKIP
    EAP Type PEAP (EAP-MSCHAPv2)
    Trusted Root Certification Authorities Thawte Premium Server CA

So, what can I do for the settings ?
    Thanks very much
    10-04-09 01:21 AM
    Choose PSK.
    10-04-09 01:47 AM
    10-04-09 01:47 AM
    Thanks very much for 312's reply. When I select PSK, the device ask mu input the "Pre-Share Key", however, I do not what's the "Pre-Share Key" of our university network.

So...........
    10-04-09 02:09 AM
    Thanks very much for 312's reply. When I select PSK, the device ask mu input the "Pre-Share Key", however, I do not what's the "Pre-Share Key" of our university network.

So...........
    WPA stands for "WiFi Protected Access". In other words, there is a password on the network. You need to get in touch with the school's IT department and find out what the password is.
    10-04-09 02:12 AM
    Also, taking a stab in the dark here...are you attending the Hong Kong School of Science and Technology?

If so, check these for reference: ITSC Network Account Facilities & Setting up Windows XP SP2 Device to Access sMobileNet
    10-04-09 02:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm in the HongKong University of Science and Technology.

I can not find the PSK from the website.
    10-04-09 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD