HI - I have the mobile H @ H. I recently went in and changed my TCP APN option to wap.voicestream.com and some aps that weren't working are now working.

I read the wifi guide posted and it said to change the browser config and general properties to wifi or hotspot. What happens when I am not browsing on wifi? - I have the unlimited data plan - do I have to change it back each time depending on where I am browsing? What happens if I just leave it on the internet browser, that is what I was on all along. Is browsing faster this way? I really haven't noticed a difference. Thanks.
    07-05-08 05:00 PM
    Should set it to wifi preferred but it should switch automatically when you are in wifi or not. Yes when you're on a wifi connection it is much faster. Oh whoops for Browser Configuration I have it set to Internet Browser. I have my connections set to wifi preferred.
    Last edited by raylol16; 07-05-08 at 05:06 PM.
    07-05-08 05:04 PM
    Thx..That's how I have mine set up- wifi preferred for the connection and that changes automatically if wifi is not available.

What about the browser, will I have to change it back and forth each time.
    07-05-08 05:17 PM
    Thx..That's how I have mine set up- wifi preferred for the connection and that changes automatically if wifi is not available.

What about the browser, will I have to change it back and forth each time.
    I have my browser set to Internet browser and i never have to change it.
    07-05-08 05:19 PM
    OK me too - I am going to change it back - maybe that is for people with wifi only and no data??? Thx.
    07-05-08 05:22 PM
    No idea I've never had any issues though.
    07-05-08 05:23 PM
    OK me too - I am going to change it back - maybe that is for people with wifi only and no data??? Thx.
    correct.

if you have BIS, leave it on internet browser... it will automatically use the active wifi connection if there is one.

hotspot/wifi browser is only for those without a BIS plan so they can surf the net while on a wifi connection without the possibility of accruing data charges.

but for the occasions that the BIS is undergoing maintenance or is otherwise down, you can switch it to hotspot/wifi browser and surf the net thru the raw connection.
    07-06-08 09:06 AM
    That would be correct. The connection preferences is not tied into the Browser settings. When you have WiFi Preferred set, this does not affect your browser config. It is a pain, but you have to switch the browser to WiFi if you want to use the WiFi (and back to Internet Browser when not in WiFi).

If you have an unlimited data plan, this is unneccessary... just keep your Browser set to Internet Browser all the time! It would be nice if there was a feature in the browser to auto-change... but most people have BIS so they can just use the Internet Browser. Users with no BIS can set it to WiFi browser all of the time
    07-07-08 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";