Hotmail support may not be available in your part of the world.

Have a quick read here, it provides you with the server names, and the required port numbers

Hotmail Free POP3 and SMTP Access and Server Configuration Settings � My Digital Life
    04-04-09 01:32 AM
    how is that my location is involved in the possibility to access hotmail if i would do it via wifi?

thx in adv
    Last edited by tatuz4682; 04-04-09 at 06:51 AM.
    04-04-09 04:15 AM
    If you read the link that I posted you will read

The free POP3 and SMTP access will be available to all, each and every Hotmail users eventually. However, during the initial rolling out stage, the POP3 and SMTP support on the Hotmail account will be enabled in stage by country and regional market. Windows Live blog announced that Hotmail users in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands are the first to enjoy the free POP3 and SMTP service as part of Hotmail wave 3 roll out. Good news is, all Hotmail users should have POP3 and SMTP enabled and turned on in their account by end of 2009.
    You need to have a POP3 server for LogicMail to check your emails.
    04-04-09 08:26 AM
    how about asia? besides japan
    04-04-09 02:12 PM
    Hotmail support may not be available in your part of the world.

Have a quick read here, it provides you with the server names, and the required port numbers

Hotmail Free POP3 and SMTP Access and Server Configuration Settings � My Digital Life
    How does POP3 work? When you get a email it alerts you rather than you having to keep checking yourself?

How do you insert those server names, ports numbers etc. for Hotmail? Is there one for Yahoo mail too?

Sorry for all the questions
    04-09-09 05:38 PM
    How does POP3 work? When you get a email it alerts you rather than you having to keep checking yourself?
    No, you still have to check. What you are talking about is PUSH notification.
    04-11-09 08:30 PM
    i'm using this app for a POP account but i can't make it work! >_<'

it sends me the message CONECTING TO SERVER...and nothing more.
    05-14-09 01:02 PM
    Hello everybody,

I just installed LogicMail on my Curve, but I get some problems with the connection. "Unable to connect" or sth. like that.
    I configured the account properly, but I think, that its probably got something to do with the TCP/IP settings. I changed some settings, for example MDS proxy etc., but it didn't work.
    Can someone think of a solution?

Because here are some people around who are not using a dataplan, I have another question. Is it generally possible to surf with the browser w/o a dataplan? I'm not so sure anymore, because thats another thing, that doesn't work *g*.

Thanks in advance!
    07-01-09 02:14 PM
    Hello everybody,

I just installed LogicMail on my Curve, but I get some problems with the connection. "Unable to connect" or sth. like that.
    I configured the account properly, but I think, that its probably got something to do with the TCP/IP settings. I changed some settings, for example MDS proxy etc., but it didn't work.
    Can someone think of a solution?

Because here are some people around who are not using a dataplan, I have another question. Is it generally possible to surf with the browser w/o a dataplan? I'm not so sure anymore, because thats another thing, that doesn't work *g*.

Thanks in advance!

You could use a different free email app for BB's called Funambol, it may work for you
    (check my link below for all the free wi-fi apps) to get the download link for it.

I also use wifi only without Data plans to surf online with the Blackberry Browser and what you
    can try to do and see if it works:

Open your Blackberry Browser go to Options: Set as below
    1. Browser Configuration --> Browser: HotSpot Browser (Save)
    2. General Properties --> Default Browser: HotSpot Browser (Save)

Then disable your Mobile Network and enable Wifi Only. Try Now

Blackberry Wifi Apps 2009 | No Data Plans

Hope i helped.
    Last edited by andyhavoc; 08-20-09 at 04:47 AM.
    08-20-09 04:41 AM
    That's not entirely true. There are actually quite a few options for email clients that work without a data plan on blackberry.

The only free one, however, is LogicMail a terrific little program that will let you check your IMAP or POP servers. Check my signature for the free download.

Enjoy,
    SK
    Fantastic program that I have working a dream under Wifi

Many thanks for the recommendation.
    08-20-09 08:58 AM
    Can you add and download attachments within LogicMail?
    11-03-09 05:25 PM
    Can someone post their Yahoo mail settings? I keep on getting the error "unable to connect to server" and i have yahoo plus. my gmail (imap) access works
    11-21-09 08:19 AM
    Can someone post their Yahoo mail settings? I keep on getting the error "unable to connect to server" and i have yahoo plus. my gmail (imap) access works
    @Mck28, could you post your gmail settings? Can't get it to work with my BB. Same "unable to connect" message. Have enabled IMAP on gmail, no luck. Tried with provisioned GPRS connection and wifi. thx
    12-20-09 03:29 PM
    I installed, followed all the configurations for set up, but when it Tests the Connection, it fails. It says, 'Unable to Open Connection'

I'm using the BB 8520, with no Data Plan (wi fi only).

Any suggestions on what I can do?
    04-14-11 09:33 AM
    Never mind, I configured it with AOL settings. It's working now
    04-14-11 10:00 AM
    hi there
    thank you very much , i had the same problem but logicmail rocks
    but please help, and tell mail settings for Yahoo mail, i set it up using IMAP but its not working fully. please give all server settings etc.
    if possible, please reply directly to [email protected]

thanks and Best Regads
    Qasim
    06-09-12 03:23 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD