I remember I had a green [pass sign] for wifi connection? noticed that it indicates a white [ - ] now, I must have done something to the setting......?

Wifi seems connected, hope I didn't incur gprs/edge charges. By the way I have no data plan for my curve 8900 for now.

Is it a problem? It should be green [pass sign]?

Thks for your comments.
    09-06-09 09:42 PM
    In brief, you won't see that green tick again without a data plan. The green tick and white WIFI logo on the home screen means you have a bb data plan and you are connected to the blackberry infrastructure. A white dash and a greyed out WIFI logo on home screen means your are not connected to the blackberry infrastructure. You will still be able to use your 8900 as a WIFI device (without charge) but you will not be able to receive emails messages etc over WIFI.

Hope this helps
    Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 10:00 PM
    ok thks for your explaination.

it shows wifi on in green but gives a white [-] sign instead of green [pass sign]. thought my wifi is down.
    09-06-09 10:18 PM
    Soory for this message! But i want to ask your help concerning curve 8520!! I connected it to WIFI at home but i cant use it!!! WHY??!! I dont want to use any of BIS services i want just to use wifi at my home!
    Please help me
    10-10-09 03:26 PM
    Soory for this message! But i want to ask your help concerning curve 8520!! I connected it to WIFI at home but i cant use it!!! WHY??!! I dont want to use any of BIS services i want just to use wifi at my home!
    Please help me
    Check out the Wifi Guide in my signature below.
    10-10-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD