I am about to pull my hair out. I have spoken to AT&T several times today and also to blackberry and they can't seem to help. I am connected to my home wireless router and it shows everthing is connected. The wifi works on everthing but the internet. It goes to edge instead of using wifi. Under browser configuration I can it is showing media net. I can change it to hotspot browser and then save it but when I go back and check it again it is showing under media net again. I don't know what else to try. I have just switched to Blackberry from the Iphone. Hope I didn't make a mistake by switching.
    Thanks for helping
    kbasham
    10-17-09 11:17 PM
    What OS version?

Are you changing the current browser or are you changing the Default Browser under general properties?
    10-17-09 11:38 PM
    I have played with this aswell. I just gave the browser a couple of tries to get it working on hotspot. Once its on there you will browse over wifi. I managed to get mine working just fine. What i dont understand is why you cant set the bold's browser to use wifi when available. At least i havent found the function yet, only the manual option setting it to hotspot. Any suggestions???

If this doesnt work at all you might want to consider a different os version.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:11 AM
    What device software version are you using?
    10-18-09 10:16 AM
    I used almost all available 4.6 versions upto .301. I didnt bother to go to 303 and i made the jump a week ago to os 5.0.0.238 which is working great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD