Hello everyone

My service plan ends soon with t-mobile. Anyway one of my friends has a smart phone and hes able to go online and does all that fun stuff. But he has one of those data/internet plans whatever they are called. Anyway I am thinking about switching to Verizon. I want to get a phone that has wifi, but I dont think there is such a phone. I just want to be able to surf the web when I am being lazy on the couch lol. I pay to have internet service at my house, why should I pay t-mobile to let me surf the web when I already have this service at my house?

Is there a phone out there that lets me use my wifi at home? Without the phone company charging me to use there internet service?

Which service provider will let me do this if any?

I heard BB might be able to do this.

Thank you
    08-05-08 04:27 PM
    the blackberry 8320 from t mobile has wifi and you don't need a data plan to use it
    08-05-08 04:29 PM
    The only devices with WiFi are the xx20 model devices.

The only carriers with these devices are GSM. TMobile has the 8120 and 8320, which both support WiFi.

VZW does not have any WiFi device

**Welcome to CrackBerry **
    08-05-08 04:32 PM
    wow that was quick

Thank you guys alot

Ahhh its too bad we might be switchin over to verizon becasue we might be able to get my wifes company to pay for it. Is there anyway i can unlock a phone with wifi and get verizon service without them charing me to use my own internet?
    08-05-08 04:38 PM
    So i guess the 8330 from verizon wont do wifi????????
    08-05-08 04:52 PM
    wow that was quick

Thank you guys alot

Ahhh its too bad we might be switchin over to verizon becasue we might be able to get my wifes company to pay for it. Is there anyway i can unlock a phone with wifi and get verizon service without them charing me to use my own internet?
    No... all WiFi devices are GSM. You cannot unlock a GSM device and use it on CDMA.

So i guess the 8330 from verizon wont do wifi????????
    No and no...
    08-05-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD