Not sure if this should go here or in the carrier forum sorry if its wrong.

Ok so I have tmobile. I seen on the tmo site that to make calls with wifi and not use minutes its 10 dollars a month. I didn't get that plan. I turned off my tmo signal and made a call using wifi. Will I be charged the 10 dollars for doing that or is it free or how does it work? Btw I was running wifi off my home router.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 12:11 AM
    No one knows?
    01-24-09 06:40 PM
    probablly should go into the carrier section but im not sure how you managed to make a call without that service, i know here in canada on rogers its physically imposible to do that, maybe you didnt fully turn off your wireless?
    01-24-09 07:12 PM
    i turned off the tmobile signal it was deffinately off and running on wifi
    thanks
    01-24-09 08:22 PM
    You can use T-Mobile UMA without the 9.99/month plan. The 9.99/month is just so you can make UNLIMITED calls over UMA. If you don't have this plan, you can still use UMA, but the minutes that you use will be taken out of your monthly minutes.
    01-24-09 10:03 PM
    OK so weather I use the Tmobile signal or the WiFi to make calls, without paying for the 9.99 plan it still uses my minutes? Is that correct?
    Thanks
    01-25-09 01:52 PM
    On Rogers they call it Talkspot. 20 dollars get the phone unlimited local and long distance calls in Canada as long as you have WiFi. Ie wireless network at home or at a friends house or a coffee shop. Also known as VOIP

01-25-09 02:03 PM
    OK so weather I use the Tmobile signal or the WiFi to make calls, without paying for the 9.99 plan it still uses my minutes? Is that correct?
    Thanks
    Correct

01-25-09 02:06 PM
    Ok thanks!!!
    01-26-09 08:27 AM
    Thanks
    Correct

Just reconfirming this.
    01-27-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD